Rodri charged by UEFA over Gibraltar chant

Much as I love Rodders, Gibraltar isn't Spanish. It hasn't been for over 300 years and the people who live there dont want to be spanish. Since he is being very well paid by a British football club maybe best to keep his mouth shut on this one. It also seems a bit hypocritical when Spain still has so many enclaves in North Africa,

That said, it seems pretty harmless and not worth being charged for.
To be fair to them, I think UEFA's hands are tied on this one. Because while the vast majority of people are not going to take this as anything but a bit of banter, if they let this go, then in a few months time, you'll have a similar thing happen, but instead of Spain and Gibraltar, it'll be Turkey and Armenia, or Serbia and Kosovo, and then it'll kick off.

What gets me is who takes these videos ? Is it other players sharing things to Social Media or “journalists” or what.
Quite often players will go live on social media during celebrations. I remember Nathan Ake's Instagram account was the only way to get live coverage of the treble bus parade after the rain fucked all of City TV's cameras.

To be fair to them, I think UEFA's hands are tied on this one. Because while the vast majority of people are not going to take this as anything but a bit of banter, if they let this go, then in a few months time, you'll have a similar thing happen, but instead of Spain and Gibraltar, it'll be Turkey and Armenia, or Serbia and Kosovo, and then it'll kick off.
Did the Morocco team burst into "The Canaries, Ceuta and Melilla are Moroccan" after their World cup win?
Rodders was a silly boy and apparently he doesn't drink. This was inevitable. The Gibs had a referendum on joint sovereignty, they booted it out. Respect their rights as an independent football federation same as Scotland, Wales or NI.

Did the Morocco team burst into "The Canaries, Ceuta and Melilla are Moroccan" after their World cup win?
Rodders was a silly boy and apparently he doesn't drink. This was inevitable. The Gibs had a referendum on joint sovereignty, they booted it out. Respect their rights as an independent football federation same as Scotland, Wales or NI.
This is why International football should be scrapped. You get 'footballers' who are not up to speed with actual politically situations singing silly terrace songs, often xenophobic as well. Footballers in general, around the world, come form poorer backgrounds, many start playing at 16 full time so education, in all honesty is not that important. Some clubs like City have the resources to support kids education but most clubs around the world don't so you get a load of street lads together, and a few bevvies in start singing something daft and inappropriate. Happens too often, the solution is to for me scrap int'l football - it's shite and brings out the worst in people. My only concern watching England is that our lads play too much and it will shorten their City careers I know which I would choose, City all the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.