Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why some are keen to slag him off. Sane absolutely sucked in his first season, Yaya, silva were underwhelming for 6 months or so. Fernandinho too looked sluggish at first.

Someone gushing here about Fabinho, he had underwhelming first season too.

Fernandinho looked sluggish in his first season? The season when we went on to lift 2 trophies under the "charming man"? the season when dinho was the man of the match scoring twice against Arsenal? I know Rodri needs time and he plays for us so we have to "stand by our man" but lord......

People have forgotten just how difficult it is to play for Pep. Especially in whats been an awful year in the league for us. He's come in and had to learn the role from day one and he's still only 23(?), new country etc. And don't forget. Sane first year? Awful. Second? Class. Bernardo first year? Average. Second? Class. Mahrez first year? Average. Second? Class. Gundogan took time especially post injury but he was brilliant in the 6 role last year especially, Foden's gone up a level this year. Laporte once he settled fully was a ROCK at the back. Every player near enough needs a first year under Pep to learn to be able to succeed in the second. Exactly the same with Cancelo. Some people on here it feels like just want to see players fail just so they can be right about them 'not being good enough' or whatever.

people doubting rodri? fucking hell!! who at some point hasnt had a stinker this season? raz spent 3 months having one!!! players are always better second season under pep and his first i think has been a huge success in the main and with hopefully a new top CB and laporte hopefully staying fit then rodri will be even better!

people doubting rodri? fucking hell!! who at some point hasnt had a stinker this season? raz spent 3 months having one!!! players are always better second season under pep and his first i think has been a huge success in the main and with hopefully a new top CB and laporte hopefully staying fit then rodri will be even better!

People don't give players time these days, Silva, Yaya and many other also started out slowly.

I quite like Rodri and I think he'll mould into a very solid DM.

I see the slow coach got booked. I was hoping these glorified pre-season games would help him get up to speed. I’m not holding my breath

People don't give players time these days, Silva, Yaya and many other also started out slowly.

Agree - he’s young, has good technique, reads the game well, good positional sense - just needs to adapt to the pace of the game. He will be excellent in time.

People always say stuff like this but I don't think it is true - me and a few mates were raving in the pub after Yaya's first home game, he was brilliant and anyone with eyes could see Silva had it all from day 1. Whilst he looked small away at Spurs, I don't think he gave the ball away

I agree with what your saying but I don't agree with Silva starting slowly, he tore Blackpool apart away in mid September an wowed everyone and has been magic ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.