Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had several very prominent, Brighton counter-ending tackles/interceptions. And he won the ball just outside of our box and shielded the ball under significant pressure before passing to an open teammate at least twice that I remember.

@mccity is very, very often on point, but in this case I disagree: he was noticeably impressive today for me.

Then again, that may be because I tend focus on him and David when watching for fairly obvious reasons.
I think him refinding form will be paramount to any CL success. He is as close to press proof as there is.

Been very impressive since the return to football.
Looks leaner and fitter to me (so does de Bruyne). Think it’s done him the world of good.

Still got a few more levels to go up for me. We haven’t spent this much money on a player that’s given us just this much quality so far. He looked quite average at times from August to March (with some cracking performances) but all players who’ve played for us under Pep have taken a season to really learn how to play under Pep. Remember when Pep said on his first ever interview; “it is easier, or easy, to get teams to play defensively and disciplined football. To play how I play is harder to train, harder to understand, harder to get right.”

I think we’ll see a different player next season!

One thing I like about him is his intent to pass it forward more times than backwards. Just needs to find his feet in the team and get better. Doesn’t have the recovery pace to help out in dire times but he makes some good interceptions when he’s focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.