Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing him up close yesterday he has lots some serious bulk, he looks leaner and faster, hoping that he can now push on to replace Fernandinho and cement that spot, he certainly has the ability and seems to be moving a hell of a lot quicker.

Rodri is El Máquina. Quiet, efficient, does his job. Literally a machine. He's going to be some player for us. Mentality monster as well.

Just read this in Sky Sports’ player ratings from the Real match — almost spit out my alcohol-free “beer” at the end.

Snide, thick ****s.

“Rodrigo - 6

Typically neat and tidy in front of City's defence but his most meaningful contribution to the occasion was an atypical hoof forward which ended with Jesus' goal. Appeared not to realise the game was being played behind closed doors when he applauded the crowd while being subbed in the final minute.”

Just read this in Sky Sports’ player ratings from the Real match — almost spit out my alcohol-free “beer” at the end.

Snide, thick ****s.

“Rodrigo - 6

Typically neat and tidy in front of City's defence but his most meaningful contribution to the occasion was an atypical hoof forward which ended with Jesus' goal. Appeared not to realise the game was being played behind closed doors when he applauded the crowd while being subbed in the final minute.”
Christ

Snide, thick ****s.

“Rodrigo - 6

I agree with you - Just confirms what we all knew, those who are employed by Sky have no clue about football and if they do they have zero objectivity when it comes to our glorious club. Rodri was vital to our performance last night, Real Madrid's strength is dominating the midfield and I didn't even know Modric and Kroos were playing at times. Pep knows that, which is why he is in the team. Muppets the lot of them.

Didn't think much of him before as his best game in our shirt was away at Burnley against a Danny Drinkwater who hadn't played a professional game of football in years.

Last night he was really good, really really good. We absolutely won the midfield battle, and it felt like Madrid never managed to maintain any momentum/sustained pressure.

He’s like our new Gareth Barry. Not the most mobile you will ever see but can set and maintain the tone of a match.. Very intelligent player. He’s going to be an important player for us over the next 5-10 years, especially in Europe as he’s the type of cultured player that the teams all seem to have in the later stages (bar the dippers obviously).

It's the combination of slow or should I say less intense players (Silva, Gundogan, Mahrez, Mendy and sometimes Aguero) that kills us. If we have 2 or more in the same team the pressing drops off.
I think Peps realized that now. Look at Liverpool and real games. Foden sterling and Jesus ahead of a free roaming de bruyne. When we have that mobility it makes gundo / Rodri duo work. Without an effective press they are badly exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.