Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s face it filling Fernandinho shoes is an extremely difficult task. I’m sure in time he will shine and become a very good player for us. A little bit surprised at his lack of pace as it’s the first I’ve seen of him. A couple of times he was unable to get back quick enough. Time will tell I suppose.

I would be worried if he looked too sharp in pre season, they're building up stamina at this stage. Jet lag and playing in a sauna wouldnt have helped.

Rodri will be a very important player for us this year. His performance once the first team players came on was better than expected - steady, classy, efficient, reading the game well and also I liked the way his headers always went to a city player. A bug bear for me is how many headers we win that go to the opposition. Good signs, adding a quality player to an already great team.

I watched a recording last night & found Rodri's performance quite amusing tbh.

I have no doubt he will be a great asset but contrary to what I was reading in the match thread, I thought he looked borderline bewildered at times & was the player furthest off the pace (apart from Nmecha) & the main reason we conceded the pen (by losing out in midfield & not getting back).

After doing that a few times, a word from Pep & the next time he hit trouble, he hoofed the bloke into the air. Now you are getting it!

Those little flicky challenges we see countless times winning him the ball on youtube etc, were just bulldozed by West Ham's players. Welcome to the Premier League Rodri!

An instant learning experience. The Master will be back soon & show him the details, then he'll be fine.

He was definitely off the pace & will need to adapt quickly when playing in the Premier League. Saying that he did look more comfortable when the first teamers came on second half. I'm sure in time he will turn out to be a vg good acquisition.

I was neither impressed or unimpressed. Its his first pre season game for us and 1) he will have just started his journey to understand what Pep wants 2) he isn't fit so its very hard to judge things like pace 3) he doesn't know his teammates.
I look forward to seeing his first dozen PL starts to help me form an opinion.
True, but you can see immediately that he has a v good first touch.

I only saw the first half ,ive never seen the lad play and taking into consideration its the first time he's played in our system and he isn't fit.

his passing and decision making looked spot on which bodes well for the future, obviously an intelligent player so excellent, he looks a bit slow and got caught out a few times, also his positioning looked poor at times as well, but imo he has the brains to play as the pivot and the sklls, just lacking fitness, more coaching and playing time and he will be excellent.

I watched a recording last night & found Rodri's performance quite amusing tbh.

I have no doubt he will be a great asset but contrary to what I was reading in the match thread, I thought he looked borderline bewildered at times & was the player furthest off the pace (apart from Nmecha) & the main reason we conceded the pen (by losing out in midfield & not getting back).

After doing that a few times, a word from Pep & the next time he hit trouble, he hoofed the bloke into the air. Now you are getting it!

Those little flicky challenges we see countless times winning him the ball on youtube etc, were just bulldozed by West Ham's players. Welcome to the Premier League Rodri!

An instant learning experience. The Master will be back soon & show him the details, then he'll be fine.
about those flicky challenges ,if he does them in the prem I can see a knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.