Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you consider Fred was £52m and Jorginho £57m, Rodri is already a big big bargain.

He just oozes class. Rodri has everything. He’s so hard to get off the ball and takes care of it wonderfully. Never thought he would settle in so quickly to a new club and league.

Our long wait for a Fernandinho successor has well and truly paid off.

Looks like we picked the right player when we linked to Ndombile as well he looks a poor signing for spurs now.

He's settled in very quickly, plays the role far better than I hoped at the start of the season. Great awareness, confidence and ability.

My only minor gripe is at times he's slow getting back, when someone beats him he can tend to react to that and not chase back, was noticeable a couple of times against Shakhtar, whereas you know Dinho would be legging it back in the same scenario.

Got to have something to work on though I suppose.

Had made a great start. Maybe not in ferns class but who can be?

I don't agree, I think he'll be even better for us than Fernandinho- and that's saying something! I respect Ferna as being in the same class as Silva, Aguero and Kompany. But Rodri I think can be as good as peak Sergio Busquets. He's perfect for us and a physical beast too.

I don't agree, I think he'll be even better for us than Fernandinho- and that's saying something! I respect Ferna as being in the same class as Silva, Aguero and Kompany. But Rodri I think can be as good as peak Sergio Busquets. He's perfect for us and a physical beast too.

Maybe mate. Hope you are correct. He has certainly started very well.

Had made a great start. Maybe not in ferns class but who can be?

i think defensively he is just as good as Fern....maybe because he is more defensively minded/oreintated. He reminds me a bit of Gaz Baz (but a lot more mobile) in that his reading of the game is exceptional which means he is always at the breakdown (ie where he needs to be), he uses his body well and "buys" the odd foul (something Barry was exceptional at). HIs footwork and distribution however look a step or two above..he also looks like he ould weigh in witht he odd long rage goal -something we dont see a lot of for us.

I do wonder that if we didnt have this defensive shortage at the moment would we ever see Ferna and Rodri in midfield together (Maybe away at a ground where we may struggel int he latter stages of the CL - though this would probably go against all of Pep's principles)? We know Ferna is decent going forward however as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.