Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fern was definitely out there from day one 'balling'.

Distinctly remember us playing pre-season games in Hong Kong with a water logged pitch when he joined and he fit in like a glove.

Fern was definitely out there from day one 'balling'.

Distinctly remember us playing pre-season games in Hong Kong with a water logged pitch when he joined and he fit in like a glove.

He was ok but not great. There were quite a few on here who weren’t sure about him early doors I seem to remember.
The same can’t be said about Rodri.
I’ve never seen a player settle in so quickly as he has done these last few months.
Fernandinho has been a great player for us but Rodri’s ceiling is on simply another level for me.

Rodri on living in Manchester: "I’m really happy to be here [in Manchester]. I’m getting used to it and the fans are great. It’s a small town and you can walk everywhere. For me, it’s good"

He was ok but not great. There were quite a few on here who weren’t sure about him early doors I seem to remember.
I’ve never seen a player settle in so quickly as he has done these last few months.
Fernandinho has been a great player for us but Rodri’s ceiling is on simply another level for me.

It didn't really help Fernandinho that he was thrown into an unfamiliar position when he first arrived, he always had a holding mid behind him at Shaktar, all of a sudden he's expected to hold for a midfield partner that wasn't too keen on the dirty work.

Can't quite remember that (although I remember the doubts about him when Fernando arrived), but there have been similar doubts about Rodri as well to be fair.

I think Rodri will be a brilliant player from us and is the closest thing to Busquets at the moment, albeit more physical. It's true, he seems to have settled in very quickly. I can see captaincy material in him as well. However, I don't see him at Ferna's level. That by no means is a sleight on him; it's just that I believe Fernandinho is in a league of his own. Find me one other player with the pace, endurance, agility, work ethic, calmness, physicality, leadership, intelligence, passing range, touch, and ball control that Dinho has playing as a DM.

I don't believe it exists. There are plenty that have many of those attributes, but are missing on a few. Not Dinho; he has all of that combined. As a holding midfielder, he is the complete package.

You know why Yaya scores 20 odd goals that season??? Dinho, he was given more freedom than a scouser in Magaluf!

You know why Yaya scores 20 odd goals that season??? Dinho, he was given more freedom than a scouser in Magaluf!

I reckon an average position map that season would have had Yaya further forward than Silva and Nasri/Navas. He scores the Aston Villa goal because he's the one guy left up when we're defending a set piece. Fern was basically a 1 man midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.