Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, talking honestly about Rodri's performances, (without having to seek permission from any superior twat who may try to intervene), I thought his general defensive play was superb v Wolves (there is never going to be a problem re his passing game) & he is already starting to cover the kind of areas Fernandinho does, much better than in the first game & more successfully than for example Gundogan does, when he plays there (or John Stones for that matter). He was putting more force & effort into challenges rather than purely trying to nick the ball as he is used to in Spain & just did that when appropriate.

He still lost the ball to counter attack, trying to overplay at one point & then failed to commit a 'saving' foul, to rescue the situation, but that will definitely soon change.

My only concern which was pointed out accurately by a poster in the matchday thread, was that we were getting a gap between him & the defence at times, which allowed Wolves to play the ball in & turn to attack us.

I don't think it's purely because of a lack of pace, as suggested, but more just a positional/understanding thing, where he will simply have to be more concerned in covering that, rather than trying to intercept, as they will just knock it over his head etc.

I think he's going to be a great player for us.

And I think he & Fern can both play, if required & give us options we didn't have.

And yet Pep says exactly the same & how he 'now' understands it.

What a tool he must be.

Oh dear... "Pep thinks we are super special snowflakes too!"
Every manager says complementary things about the host country he manages in. What else are they going to say?
I'm glad you think Pep only now understands how unbelievably superior you all are.
You know... After he utterly demolished the EPL and all.

I respect that everyone thinks their national league is a bit better than it really is but with the EPL all sense of perspective seems to be lost these days. (Not everybody mind.)
Rodri competed against top European teams in the CL and La Liga, but when he plays bloody West Ham in Pre season it's the toughest he's ever faced???
"Welcome to the EPL Rodri." As in... You're in the pro leagues now son!
If you don't see the misplaced arrogance in that, I don't know what to say...

Oh dear... "Pep thinks we are super special snowflakes too!"
Every manager says complementary things about the host country he manages in. What else are they going to say?
I'm glad you think Pep only now understands how unbelievably superior you all are.
You know... After he utterly demolished the EPL and all.

I respect that everyone thinks their national league is a bit better than it really is but with the EPL all sense of perspective seems to be lost these days. (Not everybody mind.)
Rodri competed against top European teams in the CL and La Liga, but when he plays bloody West Ham in Pre season it's the toughest he's ever faced???
"Welcome to the EPL Rodri." As in... You're in the pro leagues now son!
If you don't see the misplaced arrogance in that, I don't know what to say...

Pep has absolutely realised the difrerence & it's not down to any arrogance, it's down to 'difference'.

You are the only person using the word 'better' or suggesting that it's the hardest game Rodri has had.

Anyway, talking honestly about Rodri's performances, (without having to seek permission from any superior twat who may try to intervene), I thought his general defensive play was superb v Wolves (there is never going to be a problem re his passing game) & he is already starting to cover the kind of areas Fernandinho does, much better than in the first game & more successfully than for example Gundogan does, when he plays there (or John Stones for that matter). He was putting more force & effort into challenges rather than purely trying to nick the ball as he is used to in Spain & just did that when appropriate.

He still lost the ball to counter attack, trying to overplay at one point & then failed to commit a 'saving' foul, to rescue the situation, but that will definitely soon change.

My only concern which was pointed out accurately by a poster in the matchday thread, was that we were getting a gap between him & the defence at times, which allowed Wolves to play the ball in & turn to attack us.

I don't think it's purely because of a lack of pace, as suggested, but more just a positional/understanding thing, where he will simply have to be more concerned in covering that, rather than trying to intercept, as they will just knock it over his head etc.

I think he's going to be a great player for us.

And I think he & Fern can both play, if required & give us options we didn't have.

I don't want to sound like a "superior twat" but I agree with your post. ;-)
Rodri's positioning looked very good to me in this game.
The gap between defense and Rodri might have more to do with Danillo being hesitant to tuck in as an inverted fullback and Stones pushing up.
That midfield space wasn't there on the other side but Laporte and Zin have had a lot more time playing together like that.

I don't want to sound like a "superior twat" but I agree with your post. ;-)
Rodri's positioning looked very good to me in this game.
The gap between defense and Rodri might have more to do with Danillo being hesitant to tuck in as an inverted fullback and Stones pushing up.
That midfield space wasn't there on the other side but Laporte and Zin have had a lot more time playing together like that.

Some of it was down to a lack of team understanding.

But they were finding it easy to knock balls into that area & either pass it on or turn.

Normally they would mostly get clobbered by Fernandinho or he would cover whilst someone else did it.

We also seemed to miss a lot of headers there particularly in the first game.

Fernandinho should take Rodri high up the Himalayas to some ancient temple, call him grasshopper and make him do some stupid ass shit. Only then shall he be worthy.

What Americans are you talking about?
I get sick of EPL zealots undeservedly slagging the whole world off. Who do you people think you are?
City is succesful because they play the Johnny foreigner football that you look down on so much. The irony in that is apparantly lost on you.
Why have you got your knickers in a twist? be agressive and you'll get it back,you people and arrogant is going to get a reaction,we know how hard the prem is,you obviously do not,stick to whatever sport you support

Last edited:
Why have you got your knickers in a twist? be agressive and you'll get it back,you people and arrogant is going to get a reaction,we know how hard the prem is,you obviously do not,stick to whatever sport you support
Knickers in a twist?
You had to remove a post minutes after posting it. Not me.
And now you managed to insult the American posters for a second time, which is quite stupid considering I'm European.

I never said the Prem isn't hard. It is. You pretend that all the other leagues are a walk in the park or something.
How is that not arrogant?.
Especially considering European teams have been consistently outplaying, outpacing and outmuscling EPL opposition for decades.
The sense of superiority isn't earned. Not yet.
As for the "You people" bit. That was literally in reference to EPL zealots. Not City fans. It's right there in the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.