Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i saw that announcement/statement on Atletico's official twitter account. My heart jumped and i was pretty certain he had extended his contract or something.

That statement sounds a bit overly dramatic/unnecessary tbh. Certainly doesn't sound like he is close to making a decision.

Sam Lee has said many times this deal is 'pretty much done'. And I haven't read any credible news suggesting Rodri is going to change his mind, just usual BS for clicks.

It's definitely not a 'Jorginho' situation, I think we can already count him as a City player.

I find it somewhat disappointing you haven’t been following my posts regarding what various rogues in Manchester think of Sam’s ITKness.

I had a chat with the Romanian kid who co-ordinates the drones that fly Spice into Strangeways earlier. He reckons Sam is a KFA and tbf he isn’t the only one in my contacts book who thinks the same.

I find it somewhat disappointing you haven’t been following my posts regarding what various rogues in Manchester think of Sam’s ITKness.

I had a chat with the Romanian kid who co-ordinates the drones that fly Spice into Strangeways earlier. He reckons Sam is a KFA and tbf he isn’t the only one in my contacts book who thinks the same.
Heard the same from the lad that cleans the toilets at the BrewDog.

When i saw that announcement/statement on Atletico's official twitter account. My heart jumped and i was pretty certain he had extended his contract or something.

That statement sounds a bit overly dramatic/unnecessary tbh. Certainly doesn't sound like he is close to making a decision.

It's not Atletico's official Twitter that (assuming your talking about the tweet that Sam Lee quoted), it's from Mundo Deportivo. They do quote Rodri directly though.

It's not Atletico's official Twitter that (assuming your talking about the tweet that Sam Lee quoted), it's from Mundo Deportivo. They do quote Rodri directly though.

I just admit the quotes don't sound the most positive. I'm hoping it's a bit of lip service and he's already made his mind to come, but it's hard not to be a bit apprehensive after recent deals have fallen through.

True but the stats used here are very well chosen IMO and the same weighted model is used in all their player assesments. (I bookmarked the site immediately.)
I admit that I like the article more because it underlines most of my views. Including my view of Jorginho. People are like that.
That said... Stats can be very usefull for correcting (or underlining) subjective impressions.
People often have a compartmentalised way of looking at football.
Players can impact the defensive or offensive phase in many ways that are not that obvious. This can be readily seen here.

As far as Rodri is concerned, I would have expected his stat for bringing the ball out from the back to be quite a bit higher.
He plays for Simeone in a defensive minded team. That's very different from Pep when it comes to buildup, but I'm not sure that tells the whole story.

That is a good example you make, right there. He isn't playing for Pep, so of course his stats are likely to be very different. Likewise, Jorginho plays many games with a mainly def athletic mid next to him, so his defensive stats will be affected by that.

Fred plays for Utd. Impossible to guage anything from his stats.

So many stats have been used on here, to suggest how Gundogan is so much better with the ball than Fernandinho, yet Fern is often defending the fullbacks or between the cbs, which neither Gundogan nor Jorginho can do & still is producing great stats on there.

This bloke might be similar in that role, in a City team.

I just admit the quotes don't sound the most positive. I'm hoping it's a bit of lip service and he's already made his mind to come, but it's hard not to be a bit apprehensive after recent deals have fallen through.

Sounds to me like he is happy at Atletico (his boyhood club). But is also fully aware that he has a very unique opportunity to join Pep's Man City. Both in a professional and financial sense.

What is clear is that he is not desperate to leave. Otherwise he would have joined already.

What else can the man say?

Seemed like a very diplomatic statement to me.

The quotes sound to me, like he isn't saying anything because he hasn't yet been told what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.