Rodwell doing a Lakey

adrianr said:
Blue>Red said:
no need to tie someone down to one position is there? Versatility is key and I'm sure the likes of Pellegrini will be able to assess whether players like Rodwell would gain from playing at centre back or wherever. At worst, he's always an option there.

I'd have to disagree. When you look at all the best players in the world, they have a position and make it their own. Any footballer will be able to play any role if asked, but the ones who truly excel are those who stick somewhere.

Whether Rodwell has a future at centre half or not remains to be seen, but he's probably got more chance of becoming great there than central midfield. Athletic and pacey as he may be, he's nowhere near the level of Yaya or Fernandinho in the football ability/intelligence stakes, and if you're not displaying that intelligence or technique at his age you likely never will.

True, suppose we can wait and see

I'm sure gollum said when Rodwell first broke into the Everton first team that he saw him as a cb long term. I agree with the op he looks made for it IMO so long as he learns to not dive in quite as much. He's a good header of the ball and aggressive I would think he could really make the spot his own.

He'd need to bulk up a bit. Too spindly atm to be a CB

To be aa CM he's going to have to add more movement to his game. All too often he's stood behind an opposition player not offering a pass (the downfall of many English players)

I think to be a top top CM as people have said he needs more movement in his game, too often he stands either admiring a pass or not showing himself for other team mates to find him. I will say this, hes only 22, he has bags of potential and if theres one manager who can get the best out of him then its Pellegrini.

Graceyboy said:
There are 3 very good versitile players in the prem, and we have all 3.

Zabba
Richards
Rodwell

Dont anyone give me f##king beaker from the swamp as better than these guys. Its the number of different positions these guys can cover with a high level of compitancey that is the key.

Richards should never be played anywhere other than right back, except maybe as an emergency striker for the last 2 minutes of a game.

I'd have had Milner ahead of all three of the names above but there are plenty of other versatile players outside of City's team. Ramires comes to mind, a box-to-box midfielder who can play the holding role or out wide very well. I'm sure he'd be pretty handy at full back too.

Just like Richards, it'd be a waste to play Rodwell anywhere else other than CM. Lad's clearly got really good attacking talents.

long term replacement for yaya in my opinion can defend and attack and he has got a hell of a strike on him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.