Roger Daltrey: Rolling Stones a Mediocre Pub Band

I’ll just throw Freddie & The Dreamers into the mix……cement mixer.
They were from Manchester. Were they not briefly huge in the States when all the Yanks were “Doin The Freddie”? Did any of those other British supergroup acts have a dance named after them…….and work on “Crackerjack“??

Since everyone thinks The Beatles dwell on another plane of existence -- which I'm okay with -- then it has to be Pink Floyd I think. Aussies/Scots would say AC/DC, maybe. It's certainly not The Doors. It's even less so The Kinks.
not everyone mate.
This thread started as Daltrey dissing The Stones. Some obsessive tw@t had to shoe horn The Beadles (american pron) into the debate with some sort of 'my opinion matters more' agenda...
Oh and Sha Na Na were also on at Woodstock...probably leading to Showaddywaddy....thanks for that.

Since everyone thinks The Beatles dwell on another plane of existence -- which I'm okay with -- then it has to be Pink Floyd I think. Aussies/Scots would say AC/DC, maybe. It's certainly not The Doors. It's even less so The Kinks.

Well, if you stick to rock bands and treat the scousers as pop, I would also say Floyd.

Perhaps worth noting that Queen have probably sold more albums worldwide than either The Who or the Stones. AC/DC have sold more than Queen.

And, only the scouse mop tops and Zep have sold more the Eagles and U2.

Where does one draw the line!?

That's part of the beauty - he played the drums (as well as the rest of the band) as a lead instrument. The Who are like a great experiment that shouldn't have necessarily worked...............but their best live output was as good as any
True, 4 ego maniacs together on stage, god knows how Moon did it but he did and many great drummers followed, Townshends forte for me was the notes he didn't play, somehow it too worked, Entwhistle....standard persona for a bass player and Daltrey trying his best to keep it all together. As you say, it shouldn't have worked but maybe that's why they became what they are after 60 years and god knows how many re incarnations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.