Roger Hunt - rest in peace

Not many of the 66 team left now
I've been lucky enough to meet two of the 66 team,both centre backs,JC and Captain Bobby Moore.shook their hands,Moore at one of his coaching schools in1981,and JC straight after our 2nil win at st James (2nil Yaya both) Charlton was clearly gutted as Newcastle needed a win for Europe, we of course needed the win for the title.he managed a smile but with gritted teeth...I was very drunk,estatic..and in hindsight could have chosen a better moment to approach him.

An unsung hero of '66. A great finisher himself Roger Hunt unselfishly took the left channel to leave the way open for Geoff Hurst and equally unselfishly made runs to take defenders away also making space for Geoff Hurst - which Hurst really used. A long time ago now but another footballer who will never die for those who'll never forget those heady days of the summer of '66. A true one of Ramsey's immortals.

I met him a few years ago when I took him to a school prize evening he was hosting in my taxi. We had a great chat on the way, a true gentleman, I was so pleased to have met him. A local lad who played for Stockton Heath, Warrington Town as well as the Scouse. RIP.

Sad day, RIP... the loss of another from the "good old days"

I met him a few years ago when I took him to a school prize evening he was hosting in my taxi. We had a great chat on the way, a true gentleman, I was so pleased to have met him. A local lad who played for Stockton Heath, Warrington Town as well as the Scouse. RIP.
RIP Sir Roger, the good and the great are all going all too quickly.

BTW you must have a massive taxi for him to be hosting an event in it ;o).

He was a much loved and highly regarded member of our golf club. All the Hunt family are really nice people. He had deteriorated quite quickly since Banksy’s funeral. We are all so very sad at this news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.