Rome holiday

manchester blue said:
Richard said:
I'm not known for my cultural appreciation, but I found the Pantheon stunning.

Poor man's Birmingham Town Hall in my opinion. :)

Pantheon
birmingham-town-hall.jpg

Birmingham Town Hall
PatheonExterior.50.jpg

Even better. But does it have a hole in the roof?

Went last Sept for 3 days, amazing place.

We stayed near the Spanish Steps. Easy to get about on the underground. It was a 10 min walk from where we stayed to the Wedding Cake. Another 10 mins from there and you are at the Colloseum.

We booked an early tour for the Sat which was the Vatican museum, the Sistine Chapel then St Peters. Stunning.

On the Sunday we saw the Collosseum and the Roman Forum as a tour.

Recommend Piazza Navona and Campo Dei Fiori. The latter was great at night for a few drinks and something to eat.

Lots of walking to be done so comfy shoes as already said. Lots of money too.

Enjoy.

Colosseum is stunning to see with your own eyes, no picture does it justice

If you like your clothes, there's bargains to be had on all labels

Great food aswell but like someone else has said you'll need plenty of cash

Enjoy!

Im going in April, can anyone reccomend places for decent priced food and wine and beer? I know it can be expensive, but have also heard that if you go to the right places you can get carafes of wine and decent food for cheap

Thaksins Love Child said:
It was a 10 min walk from where we stayed to the Wedding Cake. Another 10 mins from there and you are at the Colloseum.

Would reccomend going up to the top of the 'Wedding Cake', for the view. Enter via the left hand side (as if you were going past it towards the Forum) towards the Militray museum, then from the Mezzanine level ~€7 glass lift to the top. Crackin' view.

Andy Dale said:
Iwent a good few years ago and there are lots of things to see . How long are you in Rome for ?
Lets start with St Peter's Basillica. Biiggest church in the world. The Vatican . The Colusseum . Trevi fountain . The Spanish Steps .The Roman Forum . The Apian Way . Try a trip down the Catacombs . The Castle De Saint Angelo . The Pantheon . The Vittorio Emanuele Monument . The Piazza Navona .
You will need at least 5 days . . . and lots of money because it isn't cheap .
Have a great time .

And don't forget Palatine Hill.

chabal said:
Andy Dale said:
Iwent a good few years ago and there are lots of things to see . How long are you in Rome for ?
Lets start with St Peter's Basillica. Biiggest church in the world. The Vatican . The Colusseum . Trevi fountain . The Spanish Steps .The Roman Forum . The Apian Way . Try a trip down the Catacombs . The Castle De Saint Angelo . The Pantheon . The Vittorio Emanuele Monument . The Piazza Navona .
You will need at least 5 days . . . and lots of money because it isn't cheap .
Have a great time .

And don't forget Palatine Hill.

If it's your first time I would join a tour of the colosseum and Palatine. First time I took my kids we did this and they found it fascinating. Much better than just standing there wondering what you're looking at.
It's a couple more quid than normal entrance but you get to jump the cue :-)

went in the summer, cracking place.
Colleseum, spanish steps, pantheon, trevi fountain, its all worth seeing. Me and my brother walked everywhere, bar getting the metro to the other side of the city occasionally. plenty of Basilicas worth seeing as well such as the Santa Maria in Cosmedin.

Theres plenty of cheap places to eat once you find them and where you stay the staff normally know of a few places, and get yourself to a high vantage point and see the city lit up at night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.