Rome holiday

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timeout.com/rome/features/51/20-great-things-to-do-in-rome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timeout.com/rome/features/51 ... do-in-rome</a>

Iwent a good few years ago and there are lots of things to see . How long are you in Rome for ?
Lets start with St Peter's Basillica. Biiggest church in the world. The Vatican . The Colusseum . Trevi fountain . The Spanish Steps .The Roman Forum . The Apian Way . Try a trip down the Catacombs . The Castle De Saint Angelo . The Pantheon . The Vittorio Emanuele Monument . The Piazza Navona .
You will need at least 5 days . . . and lots of money because it isn't cheap .
Have a great time .

Take some comfortable walking shoes as there is so much to see - stunning architecture around every corner.

We found that the further away from the station you are, the cheaper prices got. We stayed in The City Hotel (wonder why I picked that) which was cheap and cheerful and a 20 min underground trip away from the centre. It was in a residential area so the local restaurants were much cheaper but just as good quality. The underground system is very good.

I lived and studied in Rome, as always it depends how long you're there for. I always used to spend time at Caracalla's Baths, as it was relevant to my thesis.

Aside from the usual, the Ara Pacis is in a nice new museum and usually quiet, with Augustus' Mausoleum next door (wish they'd do something with that).

The temples at Largo Argentina are worth a look.

In the Vatican itself, the Etruscan Museum is wonderful, but closed a lot of the time.

Wandering through the market section of Trajan's Forum is always pretty special.

Richard said:
I'm not known for my cultural appreciation, but I found the Pantheon stunning.

Poor man's Birmingham Town Hall in my opinion. :)

Pantheon
birmingham-town-hall.jpg

Birmingham Town Hall
PatheonExterior.50.jpg

I posted a similar topic about two months ago- got some great advice........need to search on topics....it was entitled "Rome" (strangely enough!)

We went a couple of weekends ago. You'll have a fantastic time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.