Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the rags have to break the bank for him now ? They can't rely on Bignose coming back 100%.

Who else could Mourinho buy, to lump the ball at ? Lllorente as a stopgap maybe.

Without someone to lump the ball at, Mourinho can't manage. Surely they must go for Lukaku & spend whatever Everton ask for ?

Be a good idea anyway, to try & get our business done before they fuck up the market even further (irrespective of whether they sign Lukaku).

Surely the rags have to break the bank for him now ? They can't rely on Bignose coming back 100%.

Who else could Mourinho buy, to lump the ball at ? Lllorente as a stopgap maybe.

Without someone to lump the ball at, Mourinho can't manage. Surely they must go for Lukaku & spend whatever Everton ask for ?

Be a good idea anyway, to try & get our business done before they fuck up the market even further (irrespective of whether they sign Lukaku).

Thing is, that's the bit Lukaku is poor at - he needs balls played through like a smaller forward, he's terrible at the hold up play and bringing others in.

Crouch, that's who the rags need

Thing is, that's the bit Lukaku is poor at - he needs balls played through like a smaller forward, he's terrible at the hold up play and bringing others in.

Crouch, that's who the rags need

Terrible is a bit of a stretch. He can hold up play but the link up part of it is where he needs a lot of work in. He's actually been getting better at it and actually works with and plays his teammates in more times than aguero for example. He's still just 23 so has a lot of room for improvement in that side of his game.

Terrible is a bit of a stretch. He can hold up play but the link up part of it is where he needs a lot of work in. He's actually been getting better at it and actually works with and plays his teammates in more times than aguero for example. He's still just 23 so has a lot of room for improvement in that side of his game.

Saw a great article on that age thing. I actually agree its a bit of a fallacy. Some would argue the age thing is more relevant to how long they've been playing pro football for as opposed to how young they are. The two things usually go hand in hand so no one tends to separate them, but Lukaku is a good example of an exception. He's been playing regular football for about 7 years already. It's mad. There's no guarantee that he's going to get that much better at anything. His youth is relatively deceptive and there's plenty of evidence of players who start at a younger age often peak at a younger age too. Rooney is a good reference point there. Peaked years ago, and he started around 16 as well.

He may get better of course but his 23 could be basically the same as most people's 26/27 quite easily in terms of career development.

True. He has gotten better at the hold up and he is still shit at the link up part.

I don't think he is getting better though, and the fact he has put through more players than Aguero is probably due to having more opportunity.(I.e he gets considerably more holdup, and thus puts in more tthru.)

But i agree, a 24 goalsscorer can't be said to not be improving. He is clearly figuring things out and his confidence is currently sky high.

Saw a great article on that age thing. I actually agree its a bit of a fallacy. Some would argue the age thing is more relevant to how long they've been playing pro football for as opposed to how young they are. The two things usually go hand in hand so no one tends to separate them, but Lukaku is a good example of an exception. He's been playing regular football for about 7 years already. It's mad. There's no guarantee that he's going to get that much better at anything. His youth is relatively deceptive and there's plenty of evidence of players who start at a younger age often peak at a younger age too. Rooney is a good reference point there. Peaked years ago, and he started around 16 as well.

He may get better of course but his 23 could be basically the same as most people's 26/27 quite easily in terms of career development.
I 2nd this theory.

Yes I would agree with you but I've also taken into account the team he's been playing for the past 3 years and as good as everton has been he still has the likes of barkley and mirallas as the creative options behind him. I'm of the thinking that he has another level he can move on once he's surrounded by better players for a team like chelsea for example like Drogba did when he moved there. I also believe unlike most here that he's already a very good striker and one who is just that big move away from exploding.

As for my original point in regards to his hold and link-up play which some here seem to think its terrible, this was his last game against a top 7 side and clearly he's much better in that side of his game than he's given credit for

In general I would agree with the idea, but the fact he's clearly made some big strides in that area of his game this year shows he's not finished developing his game.

You're never too old to learn if given proper coaching either, it's only the natural development that slows down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.