Romelu Lukaku

• Thread starter Deleted member 87819
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know much about the sport obviously, but can someone explain how this man fits into Pep’s “11 midfielders” concept?
Having Lukaku in a lift is like having 11 midfielders in a lift, it's a tight squeeze and you're probably over the weight limit.

I guess a guy who has scored so many goals in his career everywhere can't be such a fluke. As for whether a Pep's player or not, Pep is evolving everyday and he found a place for Zinchenko and Delph. I think he will do okay with Lukaku as well.
Two players with crazy numbers who I thought were past it or can't hack it in the EPL were Cavani and Ibra (unfortunately both rags) but if they can be effective past their peak at a boring team like rags , I think Lukaku will do fine with a team like City creating chances left right and center.

He'd be great here. Have you seen him this season? A man reformed/possessed

People are stupidly tribal. They spent a few years hating Lukaku and writing off anything he did because he was a United player, and now they can't separate that from the player he actually is. Also despite talking all the time about how United manage to drag everyone down, some City fans seem to have not cottoned on to how every single player who struggled at United in the last few years has become a much better player as soon as they leave.

Look at Lingard, who looks twice the player already at West Ham. Daley Blind lead Ajax to a CL final and was superb, Alexis Sanchez even had a renaissance last year, and now Lukaku is scoring goals at a rate not seen in Italy since Rondaldo was at Inter. Mhikitaryan has 18 goals and assists in 21 games for Roma!

United buy very good players and then make them play badly because they have bad managers, a toxic level of expectation, and any new player is dragged down by the other 24 in the dressing room who are miserable and struggling already.

He’s never been this fit

When he joined Inter, within a month the medical staff worked out he had some sort of digestive tract problem, made him cut out some foods for a few weeks and he lost 10kg.

United's medical department had him for 3 years and never worked it out.

He's one of the best strikers in the world without a doubt. Having said that, he'd not be in my top 3 for our new striker.

I don’t know much about the sport obviously, but can someone explain how this man fits into Pep’s “11 midfielders” concept?
I don’t think he does mate. Excellent striker when the balls in front of him, but considering he can’t trap a bag of sand, I’d be amazed if we were really in for him

Would you have him ahead of Kane though?

Maybe. He is slightly younger, he wouldn't cost as much and most importantly he doesn't have the injury record.

Conte has done a lot of work with him, he's very good on the ball now and his hold up play and link up with players around him is great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.