Romelu Lukaku

• Thread starter Deleted member 87819
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t we go out and buy Heskey, we could probably get him on a free . Not suited to our style of, probably peaking and can only decline from here. Definitely not someone we should be gambling £100m on. I don’t see how this signing would work and how it would improve us.

Would prefer Haaland purely because of his age but Lukaku's goalscoring record is brilliant. Couple that with wanting to prove a point to that lot other road......

Do wonder whether he will suit our style. Same with Haaland but he's 20 and can still be moulded. Lukaku at 27, i don't know.

People saying no can’t have seen what he’s become. He’s the player he was always destined to be. The rags don’t really develop players these days. Would I prefer him to Haaland? No. But Lukaku is an excellent player and would score an absolute shed load for us.
He's a system player, he works really well in certain systems and Conte absolutely exploits that with his (and always has with this type of player). On top of that, defences in Serie A let you play in front of them and get touch tight, that's perfect for Lukaku because he's so strong, but it's not the way we play. He's a good striker, but he's not the type that we are looking for IMHO.

I guess a guy who has scored so many goals in his career everywhere can't be such a fluke. As for whether a Pep's player or not, Pep is evolving everyday and he found a place for Zinchenko and Delph. I think he will do okay with Lukaku as well.
Two players with crazy numbers who I thought were past it or can't hack it in the EPL were Cavani and Ibra (unfortunately both rags) but if they can be effective past their peak at a boring team like rags , I think Lukaku will do fine with a team like City creating chances left right and center.
To my earlier point . . . Zinchenko and Delph are midfielders playing (mostly) fullback. Lukaku is an out-and-out striker. Not a midfield bone in his body. No question Lukaku's made a great resurgence. There's also no question that I miss Edin Dzeko. But neither seem to fit with how Pep wants to evolve the side. They are receivers more than providers, and they provide in hold-up, and can be targets, and go direct, but when fit I think Aguero and Jesus have more mobility to go horizontal and vertical, to rotate left, right and center as well as better skill at providing assists to midfield players cutting in. So while I would be happy to have him, I guess, he doesn't seem to fit the mold, and agree with others -- would prefer someone younger (I know he's only 27, though he looks 42) and more mobile.

Not for me. I like him as a player, but I can't see him giving the sort of energy we expect from our players. It'd be like when Pep got Ibrahimovic. Incredible player, but couldn't do what was expected.

Cant remember the last time we got linked this often with such a weird fit. Makes me think it's something in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.