Romelu Lukaku

• Thread starter Deleted member 87819
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see him train with one of them balls with elastic on it so it keeps coming back,he'd tie himself in knots in seconds.

To be fair,if a ball is played for him to run onto,he will score,ping one in at him,as our lot would....no chance.

Was reading a blog post by our new Lead AI Scientist Laurie Shaw. He actually mentions at the start that the average peak of an elite striker is the late 20s. My hunch is Aguero’s replacement will be a lot younger.

Interesting read that, cheers.

Lukaku is just "clickbait" so they can focus on their targets in silence.

He turns 28 in the end of this season, tops 6 seasons left with him, or maybe 10 if he takes a Zlatan.

Before he went to the rags, I'd have ripped your arm off for him, tho' not so much now after his efforts at Old Toilet... That said, he isn't "shit" as some say, he'd certainly give us an aerial threat we've not had since Edin, and he's still pretty damn fast, so that play we have where Ederson lobs those long pinpoint passes over the top of a high press would be very dangerous indeed... He's currently top scorer in Serie A alongside the Ladyboy, so he clearly knows where the back of the net is, my worry is his clear lack of finesse and close control. More often than not we are attacking a packed defence, where opportunities come quick, and reactions have to be fast or the space/opportunity has gone. I'm not sure he's that type of player.

Having said all that, if Pep was to take him and mould him into a killer goal machine, I could get endless fun and joy with my raggy mates with that...

Replace 32 year old with 28. In couple of years we will be back for a "long term" replacement. We are targeting Lukaku because we again don't want to pay the required money for the best (Haaland). Lukaku is cheaper in terms of wages and fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.