Romeo Lavia

Anyone who knows what the plans are next season with Lavia?

Another year with the U23's? Or will they send him on loan?

What do you guys think?
I don't see a loan as he is exactly the player we are looking to step in Dinho's shoes.I hope he is involved in first team activity with the odd appearance in the 'lesser' games.I don't think he's that far off being a real force.

Yep, he was fast tracked from the U18s at the start of the season to the U23s at the start of this calendar year. Keep him in the U23s plus training sessions with the 1st team and maybe the odd appearance in the domestic cups and CL dead rubbers. I can see us playing more kids in the LC next season after winning 4 on the trot.
I'd really like to win the League Cup again for a couple of reasons. First one would be to have the total and consecutive wins to ourselves rather than share with Liverpool. the second is to be the only club to win the trophy whilst Carabao are the sponsor. Never tried the stuff myself though.

carabao.GIF

Anyone who knows what the plans are next season with Lavia?

Another year with the U23's? Or will they send him on loan?

What do you guys think?
Given that he is only 17 I think he will stay with the EDS next year. He has done really well so far but is probably best learning more about playing in the City style before going on loan.

Were you hoping for a loan to Anderlecht or interested because of his nationality?

Next year unless he is trying to do a Sancho I believe he should be worth EDS and then he can be tried kn slowly. We will be 18 and half by the time 2022-23 season starts and then he can be some main roster time.

Next year unless he is trying to do a Sancho I believe he should be worth EDS and then he can be tried kn slowly. We will be 18 and half by the time 2022-23 season starts and then he can be some main roster time.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding but he was moved up to the EDS in December.

Given that he is only 17 I think he will stay with the EDS next year. He has done really well so far but is probably best learning more about playing in the City style before going on loan.

Were you hoping for a loan to Anderlecht or interested because of his nationality?
I suspect he's asking because he has a long term interest as that is where Lavia was poached from.

The kid is a special talent,i don't think another season with the EDS will be of maximum benefit.

A loan to his Home town club would be cool. Stil has lots of love for The club. Could be a good replacement for Sambi Lokonga, our star midfielder.

2 seasons under The wings of Kompany could be very good for his development.

A loan to his Home town club would be cool. Stil has lots of love for The club. Could be a good replacement for Sambi Lokonga, our star midfielder.

2 seasons under The wings of Kompany could be very good for his development.

I agree,it would be perfect for him,probably just the right level and with a serial champion like Kompany in his ear every day......win win!

Now,this Lokonga kid.....??

Whoops I noticed he was from Belgium but not that he had come to City from Anderlecht. It is a difficult one to judge. On one hand he would gain a lot from being coached at City and mixing with the first team players but, as Jude Bellingham has shown, if you are good enough to play first team at a decent standard and are mature in other ways then it is probably the best option.

My worry about him going on loan would be that he would not learn to play the Pep way and so could need time if promoted to the first team squad after returning.

17 does seem crazily young to be playing first team football. It's a shame he is not a couple of years older and more experienced as he would have a shot at being Fern's replacement. Maybe if Fern signs up for another year that could happen.

I agree,it would be perfect for him,probably just the right level and with a serial champion like Kompany in his ear every day......win win!

Now,this Lokonga kid.....??
Very beautifull player. Defensive midfielder, very skilled and impressive body movement. Not sure hé will ever make it to a club as Man City. But if he keeps developping in The right way, he
Might. The next few years will be crucial!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.