Romeo Lavia

It's amazing people who watch so much football don't know the basic rules, intent is completely irrelevant if the play is dangerous.

From the FA:

PLAYING IN A DANGEROUS MANNER

Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

So no you cannot slip and kick someone in the face and get away with it because it was an accident.
Capitalising PLAYING IN A DANGEROUS MANNER and then saying if somebody slips.

If they slip it is not playing IN A DANGEROUS MANNER, it is slipping by accident.

Taken this example to the streets and I slip going downhill on ice and fall on my arse and then slide down the hill bowling over Mr and Mrs Smith, one of whom breaks their leg, should I expect a knock on the door from PC Plod for assault as I was surely slipping IN A DANGEROUS MANNER.

The fact that he stood on the ball is utterly irrelevant, he went over the top of the ball.
Oh come, will you just fucking stop it.

The word connotation for going over the top of the ball is for the intent of the Vinny Jones' of this world who WENT over the top of the ball.

They weren't running with the ball and accidentally standing on top of a spherical object and then being unbalanced and being sent in a totally opposite direction and then into an action they were certainly not intending, he wasn't even trying to tackle that player, it was an unintended consequence of trodding on a moving round ball, he went over the top ffs, shocking statement that.

I have zero understanding of what you are trying to achieve by suggesting he was lucky not to be red carded for it.

The rules say going into a challenge with TWO FEET OFF THE GROUND is reckless and endangering an opponent, a red card offence. I saw him challenge for a header by jumping, both feet clearly leaving the ground. Could have been sent off twice. ;)

The rules say going into a challenge with TWO FEET OFF THE GROUND is reckless and endangering an opponent, a red card offence. I saw him challenge for a header by jumping, both feet clearly leaving the ground. Could have been sent off twice. ;)
Now now :)

Capitalising PLAYING IN A DANGEROUS MANNER and then saying if somebody slips.

If they slip it is not playing IN A DANGEROUS MANNER, it is slipping by accident.

Taken this example to the streets and I slip going downhill on ice and fall on my arse and then slide down the hill bowling over Mr and Mrs Smith, one of whom breaks their leg, should I expect a knock on the door from PC Plod for assault as I was surely slipping IN A DANGEROUS MANNER.

The playing in a dangerous manner is capitalised on the FA website, I simply copied and pasted.

You would've liable for a personal injury claim for Mr and Mrs Smith in that example as intent doesn't matter if you injure someone.

Baffles me that you can't understand that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.