Romeo Lavia

The playing in a dangerous manner is capitalised on the FA website, I simply copied and pasted.

You would've liable for a personal injury claim for Mr and Mrs Smith in that example as intent doesn't matter if you injure someone.

Baffles me that you can't understand that.
Did I ask if I would be liable for it?

I asked if I would be arrested for assault, which is the part of the analogy for the dangerous play on the football field part.

Baffling that such a clever lad didn't understand that tbh.

Did I ask if I would be liable for it?

I asked if I would be arrested for assault, which is the part of the analogy for the dangerous play on the football field part.

Baffling that such a clever lad didn't understand that tbh.

Well not really, you were basically asking if they would get away Scott free which they wouldn't.

Let's have a really simple example for you, a player goes to close down an opponent with the ball, he slips on the wet pitch and catches the opponent studs first halfway up the leg, breaking his leg.

Do you think this is:

a) a foul
b) a foul and yellow card
c) a foul and red card
d) no foul

Well not really, you were basically asking if they would get away Scott free which they wouldn't.

Let's have a really simple example for you, a player goes to close down an opponent with the ball, he slips on the wet pitch and catches the opponent studs first halfway up the leg, breaking his leg.

Do you think this is:

a) a foul
c) a foul and red card
d) no foul

Did you watch man city v spurs women.

Morgan got a broken leg and a yellow.
Spurs player no card.

Spurs player no card.
What does this prove btw?
That Refs are stupid, and Morgan was only booked because the Spurs player screamed louder?

I didn't see that incident but read it on here, so I can not fully comment.

Oops, I thought this was Ed replying to me, sorry lol

Do you think this is:

a) a foul
c) a foul and red card
d) no foul
But the difference in this example is he is closing the player down.

Lavia was not trying to close a player down or tackle the player.

The whole point in this poxy argument is the fact people are saying he was lucky not to get a red, which is frankly ridiculous.

Oh and well not really...

'Taken this example to the streets and I slip going downhill on ice and fall on my arse and then slide down the hill bowling over Mr and Mrs Smith, one of whom breaks their leg, should I expect a knock on the door from PC Plod for assault as I was surely slipping IN A DANGEROUS MANNER.'

Nothing to do with getting away with it scot-free but on that score, if somebody tried to sue me for slipping on the damn ice I would fight that case or tell them to sue the owner of the pavement as I haven't got a pot to piss in.

I think this debate has run its course, have a great day/evening, I'm off for a run.

But the difference in this example is he is closing the player down.

Lavia was not trying to close a player down or tackle the player.

The whole point in this poxy argument is the fact people are saying he was lucky not to get a red, which is frankly ridiculous.

Oh and well not really...

'Taken this example to the streets and I slip going downhill on ice and fall on my arse and then slide down the hill bowling over Mr and Mrs Smith, one of whom breaks their leg, should I expect a knock on the door from PC Plod for assault as I was surely slipping IN A DANGEROUS MANNER.'

Nothing to do with getting away with it scot-free but on that score, if somebody tried to sue me for slipping on the damn ice I would fight that case or tell them to sue the owner of the pavement as I haven't got a pot to piss in.

I think this debate has run its course, have a great day/evening, I'm off for a run.

Yeah you clearly don't want to engage with the actual point of whether intent is relevant so no point discussing further.

Enjoy your run!

Spurs player no card.

Women's referees are worse than the men's so that doesn't surprise me.

There is no way I can believe that breaking someone's leg can not fall under serious foul play which is a red card.

Anyway let's leave it there.

On topic I was slightly disappointed with Lavia because it was the first time I have seen him play and I bought into the hype that a few posters had generated on here.

He played well so I feel silly about expecting more about it but I suppose it's just a reminder to never believe the hype 100%.

It's amazing people who watch so much football don't know the basic rules, intent is completely irrelevant if the play is dangerous.

From the FA:

PLAYING IN A DANGEROUS MANNER

Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

So no you cannot slip and kick someone in the face and get away with it because it was an accident.
Nonsense rule.

Would read better if it were "any action deemed deliberate".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.