Ronald Waterreus

Odd bit of trivia, Waterreus was our keeper when we beat Barnsley 7-1 in the League Cup. A few months later he played for Rangers in a 7-1 Scottish League Cup win against Dundee Utd. On both occasions the opposing keeper was Nick Colgan.

That was actually the first game I ever went to at the new ground so it appears I do have a Waterreus memory after all.

Anyone remember this guy - he was a keeper that we signed from PSV and was with us for the 2004-2005 season before moving on to Rangers.

He was mentioned on Nedum's podcast where Nedum was talking to Bolo Zenden (not listened to it all yet but Zenden is a good talker and played at some big clubs).

Anyway they mentioned that Ronald was very two footed and encouraged defenders to pass him the ball which seems very progressive for the time.

He did not make a league appearance for us - anyone remember him?
Just had to look up Bolo Zenden to refresh my memory (half remembered the name), it turns out he played for Liverpool, so therefore he's automatically a twat.

I am the waterreus
maxresdefault.jpg

Just had to look up Bolo Zenden to refresh my memory (half remembered the name), it turns out he played for Liverpool, so therefore he's automatically a twat.
I dislike dippers as much as the next blue but I do enjoy listening to Nedum's podcasts. He has more presenting talent than Micah imo but I wonder how he will get on once he runs out of ex-team-mates to interview (he played with Zenden at Sunderland).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.