Ronaldo or Messi?

Neither of them...But I dont really know who else is.
Messi is better than tranny at the moment, but if these 2 overrated players are considered the worlds best then football is in a sorry state, I've seen far better than these 2 in years gone by, and some of them have played for us.

blumoonrises said:
Messi is better than tranny at the moment, but if these 2 overrated players are considered the worlds best then football is in a sorry state, I've seen far better than these 2 in years gone by, and some of them have played for us.

Sorry mate but if Messi carries on his form from last season then he is up there with the true greats of all time.

Both need to show form in the World Cup for me to be classed as a true great. Major plus for the two players is age.

rag said:
Both need to show form in the World Cup for me to be classed as a true great. Major plus for the two players is age.

Yeah pal but we know that players can go through bad patches of form and what if ronaldo, messi, torres etc... go through there bad patches everytime the world cup arrives?

Stillsy said:
blumoonrises said:

Sorry mate but if Messi carries on his form from last season then he is up there with the true greats of all time.

how long does your "all time" go back? and by that I mean players watched over a full season, not a compilation of wonderful things they did.
I would say Kinkladze was better than Messi.. he was just unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

blumoonrises said:
Stillsy said:

how long does your "all time" go back? and by that I mean players watched over a full season, not a compilation of wonderful things they did.
I would say Kinkladze was better than Messi.. he was just unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Sorry mate Kinky was great but Messi is truly outstanding.

Stillsy said:
rag said:

Yeah pal but we know that players can go through bad patches of form and what if ronaldo, messi, torres etc... go through there bad patches everytime the world cup arrives?

Then they cannot be classed as a great mate. The World Cup is classed as the Pinnacle for every professional player and if all of those players cannot perform at that level then all of those players cannot be deemed worthy of that. It is just personal opinion.

I think I'm the only person who thought Messi was excellent at the World Cup this year. He may not have scored but I watched every game and thought he caused so many problems for every team they played. Just couldn't score that elusive goal. He came close on one or 15 occasions though. As I've said elsewhere, Tranny is a nightmare against weak opposition (and fires in plenty of goals and scores of chances besides) but when up against a strong well organised defence he goes missing. You never saw him against Chelsea or Red Dippers for Ushited, he used to almost vanish. He was similar against strong oponents in Europe too.

Messi for me.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 am --<br /><br />What a guess! Just checked out the WC stats and Messi had 15 shots on target. 30 in total.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/players/player=229397/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics ... index.html</a>

rag said:
Stillsy said:

Then they cannot be classed as a great mate. The World Cup is classed as the Pinnacle for every professional player and if all of those players cannot perform at that level then all of those players cannot be deemed worthy of that. It is just personal opinion.

Me and you know that the worlds best players now play in europe so if messi is doing it in the champs league then thats the stage i judge a true great on!

Stillsy said:
Ronaldo has the ability to play in any league. i dont beleive Messi has.

Shite comment imo, we will never get to see Messi in another league because of his loyalty to Barca and tbh who would want to leave their. Ronaldo has proven himself in the prem and in la liga but all world class players prove themselves. Henry did it in 4 leagues, Ronaldo did it in 2, C. Ronaldo 2, Zidane 2. They are all world class however the likes of Ibra and Robinho are not and thats why they struggled in certain leagues.

I have no doubt that if Messi came to premier league he would be just as good as he is now if not better. He is strong enough, physically and mentally to deal with the pressures of the premier league and certainly has the skill, technique and the pace to be the best player thats ever played in the league, unfortunately that wont happen but we have to respect the lads talent and realise how good he is. We wont see another Messi for a very long time so we should sit back and enjoy him playing the game instead of slagging the guy off saying hes only good at Barca.

Yes hes struggled with Argentina but come on, 1st of all Maradona is a shit manager and expects Messi to do everything, 2nd the side was so unbalanced it was untrue and that did not help Messi at all. He is the best in the world but that doesnt mean that he can win the world cup with a team that has very good attacking players, 1 good midfielder and a shit defence. In the world cup Argentina where playing a 4-2-4 or a 4-1-5 formation and there wasnt enough space for Messi to showcase his talent. I think at the next world cup with a manager who has some tactical awareness and knowledge we will see the best player in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.