Ronaldo or Messi?

Fuzzmaster101 said:
I think I'm the only person who thought Messi was excellent at the World Cup this year. He may not have scored but I watched every game and thought he caused so many problems for every team they played. Just couldn't score that elusive goal. He came close on one or 15 occasions though. As I've said elsewhere, Tranny is a nightmare against weak opposition (and fires in plenty of goals and scores of chances besides) but when up against a strong well organised defence he goes missing. You never saw him against Chelsea or Red Dippers for Ushited, he used to almost vanish. He was similar against strong oponents in Europe too.

Messi for me.

To a point yes. But he did not perform when it mattered the most which was against Germany.

rag said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
I think I'm the only person who thought Messi was excellent at the World Cup this year. He may not have scored but I watched every game and thought he caused so many problems for every team they played. Just couldn't score that elusive goal. He came close on one or 15 occasions though. As I've said elsewhere, Tranny is a nightmare against weak opposition (and fires in plenty of goals and scores of chances besides) but when up against a strong well organised defence he goes missing. You never saw him against Chelsea or Red Dippers for Ushited, he used to almost vanish. He was similar against strong oponents in Europe too.

Messi for me.

To a point yes. But he did not perform when it mattered the most which was against Germany.

I think you will find that none of the team performed in that game and the it was the 1st time the defence where put under pressure and challenged thats why it was so 1 sided.

niall_mcfc said:
rag said:

I think you will find that none of the team performed in that game and the it was the 1st time the defence where put under pressure and challenged thats why it was so 1 sided.

Well tatically Germany got it spot on, but Messi, Millito and Tevez and co should have had the intelligence to counteract it.

Stillsy said:
Has anyone forgot Benjani?

Well atleast he thinks hes good enough the useless prick

Well he played in the Champions League you know

Fuzzmaster101 said:

Messi for me.

-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 am --

What a guess! Just checked out the WC stats and Messi had 15 shots on target. 30 in total.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/players/player=229397/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics ... index.html</a>

Ha ha..! 30 shots and no goals.! say no more, a top class player needs just one shot to score when it counts..

niall_mcfc said:
rag said:

When you have an Argentinian manager who thinks Esteban Cambiaso isn't good enough to make the squad you are going to struggle. A front attacking four of Messi, Tevez, Higuain, and Aguero (or swap Milito for Higuain) in front of Mascherano and Cambiaso would have been a better bet for them (playing the 4231 formation). Gutierez at right back? No no no! Messi was shackled a little in the Germany game due to his team's inability to cope with the German's attack. I think Zabba would have helped a little too. He'd have been better at RB than the chump they had there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.