Ronaldo (Signed for Juventus)

if you take away the hype and just look at what he does in the big games, I don't think he is as quite as effective as people think.

He is a phenomena no doubt about that, and he enriches the game, but he's not as effective as he was and I think Real Madrid were beginning to carry him. From a financial point of view it probably makes a lot of sense for Juve to buy him, but from a footballing point of view I am not sure. They dominate Serie A, but how long has he got left as an effective forward at he level of the Champions League?

Glad he's going to Italy. I'd rather bring Navas back to play on the left next season than have him here.

if you take away the hype and just look at what he does in the big games, I don't think he is as quite as effective as people think.

He is a phenomena no doubt about that, and he enriches the game, but he's not as effective as he was and I think Real Madrid were beginning to carry him. From a financial point of view it probably makes a lot of sense for Juve to buy him, but from a footballing point of view I am not sure. They dominate Serie A, but how long has he got left as an effective forward at he level of the Champions League?

I agree his level has dropped compared to his peak but he's still an absolute weapon, and he leads by example. He's looked after himself so well I think he'll play at another World Cup.

Will they though? Thats around 250 million euros over the course of the deal. Are they really going to sell enough shirts etc

Shirt sales make barely any money for the clubs. However they can effect the size of the kit deals they sign. What will certainly happen though is more companies will approach Juve for marketing because it means they can link their brand to Ronaldo. That's where the money is.

Just as an example, the combined transfer fees and wages saved on say Higuain, Dybala and Sandro will pay for the entire cost of Ronaldo's transfer fee and wages over the length of the contract. They can then use the increased commercial revenue to fund the replacement of those sold players, meaning the impact of the transfer will be minimal. Except they'll have added one of the worlds best players (anyone doubting his ability as anything other than one of the top two players in the world has some very thick blue specs on).

He scored 15 goals in 11 games, finished the top scorer of the competition and won the competition......I would say that's pretty effective if you ask me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.