Ronaldo (Signed for Juventus)

€100m is an amazing deal for a 33 year old who is moving into decline. Real are at a point in their cycle where they're gonna have to pay top whack for a galactico whatever the case.
They need more than a galactico, they need 4 or 5 quality players. Ronaldo has carried them last season and 44 goals in 44 games last season isn’t really that much of a decline. He leaves a gaping hole in their side and they cannot full it just by signing one world class player.

I think it’s a terrible deal for Madrid. What can they realistically do with that 100 mil? Not a lot and anyone doing business with Madrid will know that and add an extra 100 million on. Say they want Neymar, 250 million. Harry Kane, spurs would demand obscene money. Mbappe just isn’t for sale unless you’re talking 300 million plus. They need 2 or 3 of those types of players to replace an ageing squad with no Ronaldo. They are looking at 800 million investment in one or two windows to keep them at the top.
In the sense that they will find it difficult to replace him of course, but it is the right time to sell him.

Why would Messi leave Barcelona? He doesn’t have to prove fuck all to anybody, he’s the best player on the planet and not coming to the premier league doesn’t change that.
For me staying where you are as a kid till you retire is not testing yourself,fair play to him if thats what he wants to do but for me it lacks the gonads to test yourself and achieve things in different leagues

For me staying where you are as a kid till you retire is not testing yourself,fair play to him if thats what he wants to do but for me it lacks the gonads to test yourself and achieve things in different leagues
He’s playing for the most successful team of the last 15 years. The test is keeping those standards as high as he has and helping Barcelona remain at the pinnacle - not to go to another country. He’s one of the highest paid footballers on the planet living in one of the most beautiful Cities living in a climate that obviously suits him.
It’s bizarre this notion that you have to move to prove yourself.

Nothing screams "balls" like dropping down to a second rate league, for a club that has won the last 7 titles.

I think it’s a terrible deal for Madrid. What can they realistically do with that 100 mil? Not a lot and anyone doing business with Madrid will know that and add an extra 100 million on. Say they want Neymar, 250 million. Harry Kane, spurs would demand obscene money. Mbappe just isn’t for sale unless you’re talking 300 million plus. They need 2 or 3 of those types of players to replace an ageing squad with no Ronaldo. They are looking at 800 million investment in one or two windows to keep them at the top.
I think Mbappe will go to Madrid, he will be a lot of money for any other teams but not for Madrid he will go for as near as Dammit what Madrid got for Ronaldo . Seen some posters on here saying that PSG would let Neymar leave before Mbappe, well in a perfect world that may be so, but I think Madrid want Mbappe and palms have been greased to ensure Ronaldo is moved on without any acrimony. Where else is Mbappe going ? Very few clubs can afford him, he is not coming to City, Barca don't seem interested so that leaves Madrid or he stays at PSG in the farmers league. Maybe Barca have a pact with Madrid you don't get in our way for Salah, we won't get in your way for Mbappe? I wouldn't put anything past the European old guard .

He’s playing for the most successful team of the last 15 years. The test is keeping those standards as high as he has and helping Barcelona remain at the pinnacle - not to go to another country. He’s one of the highest paid footballers on the planet living in one of the most beautiful Cities living in a climate that obviously suits him.
It’s bizarre this notion that you have to move to prove yourself.
Just my opinion that you should step out of your comfort zone at some point and have a crack at a new league,see if you can do it or not,to me i would get greater satisfaction out of my career that way,i do think it takes balls to do that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.