Ronnie Healey(Goalkeeper) RIP

mac%20207%20Ron%20Healey.jpg

Just how much better were Football Cards than these modern day silly sticker books! The smell of the gum in the packet and the excitement of looking through the 6 cards. Then it would be swapsies at school and also a game of standing one card each upright against the wall whilst you took turns to flick other cards at it from about 8 feet away. The kid who knocked over the last standing card would win all the cards thrown. Great memories of the 70's.

RIP Ron

Yes, sad news indeed. Left the club in October 1973 during that pretty chaotic season which saw three managers at the helm: Johnny Hart, Ron Saunders and Tony Book who’d quit playing early in the season. At the end of that season Lee and Law bowed out and the Rags were relegated! RIP, Ron.

By the way, didn’t that goalie shirt Ron is wearing look ace?

Remember watching him in a ECWC 2nd leg at Maine Rd against Chelsea , we had an injury hit side and fearing the worst , think it was 1971 and Ronnie had a nightmare and cost us the game , his days were numbered after that , but always a sad day when an ex-player passes away , and makes me feel bloody old when players i was watching in my teens are are entering obituary columns , R-I-P Ronnie not the best , but always gave 100% when i watched him play , sad news.

RIP Ronnie. It's a shame that he will be mainly remembered for a mistake but we never really had much chance in that 2nd leg with all the injury absentees.

RIP Ronnie..i worked with Ronnie very briefly once upon a time..what an amazing man he was..very eager to talk about football and especially about his playing days with city. A true gent and big city fan. I'm sad to hear of his passing. Thoughts to his family x

What always reminded me of Ron Healey, as a kid in the late 60's / early 70's, was Tarzan was played by Ron Ely so every Sunday when Tarzan was on....

Anyway, here are a few pics of Ron. Played for Cardiff for many years after leaving City and 2 caps for EIRE too..... RIP Ron
ron-healey-manchester-city-7654645.jpg

mac%20207%20Ron%20Healey.jpg
thanks for uploading these fine pictures of him.

Remember watching him in a ECWC 2nd leg at Maine Rd against Chelsea , we had an injury hit side and fearing the worst , think it was 1971 and Ronnie had a nightmare and cost us the game , his days were numbered after that , but always a sad day when an ex-player passes away , and makes me feel bloody old when players i was watching in my teens are are entering obituary columns , R-I-P Ronnie not the best , but always gave 100% when i watched him play , sad news.
My thoughts exactly....R.I.P. Ronnie

Strange atmosphere at that game , felt more like an end of season nothing to play for game...

I seem to remenber that Ron used to drop kick the ball from hand, rather than punt it. Could it be false memory?
Condolences to Ron's family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.