Wayne Rooney - new manager at DC United (P55)

Give Rooney a few more years and he’ll be on the same path as Gazza. Those around him need to help him and not make excuses for him - I understand he has drink related problems but those around him are as much in denial as him. Things won’t get better for him until he confronts the problem.
I look forward to seeing him sitting by the bar at the spoons near Lime Street station. In between his appearances talking bollocks on a PL broadcaster.

Wayne only drinks to forget the disaster that his hair transplant has been. Surely people can understand that?

I don't understand how he could argue he was disoriented due to drink and tablets, surely he always looks this way.

Yet nobody mentioned arms dealing, human rights or anything similar. Imagine if it was one of ours!

I thought I'd just dangle that out there to see who commented!
I don't want to imagine, I want to sleep at night. Just think though: "Unrepentant drink driving star pictured behind dictator/human rights abuser's wheel at exclusive ultra-rich motor racing day"

BBC this morning talked to someone in America who described it as 'one step above a speeding ticket'.

If that's accurate, it's a bit of a non-story.
Depends, really. In some jurisdictions the next step above a speeding ticket is reckless driving which is a jailable offense. Often you'll be cited and with no option to pay a fine. You must appear in court before a judge. There are occasions where you'll be held overnight to appear before a judge the next day. With reckless driving the judge can give you jail time or a fine. So, in that respect I suppose it is similar to a step above a speeding ticket if he was arrested.

Likely he was being Disorderly and the intoxication charge was tacked on with the disorderly conduct or he was charged with it in lieu of disorderly. I'm surprised he was arrested for it, frankly. Unless he was being a complete dick yelling and screaming profanities. I'd think most officers would, if they noticed a guy that had had few too many, tell him to take it on home. Maybe they did and it set him off.

Depends, really. In some jurisdictions the next step above a speeding ticket is reckless driving which is a jailable offense. Often you'll be cited and with no option to pay a fine. You must appear in court before a judge. There are occasions where you'll be held overnight to appear before a judge the next day. With reckless driving the judge can give you jail time or a fine. So, in that respect I suppose it is similar to a step above a speeding ticket if he was arrested.

Likely he was being Disorderly and the intoxication charge was tacked on with the disorderly conduct or he was charged with it in lieu of disorderly. I'm surprised he was arrested for it, frankly. Unless he was being a complete dick yelling and screaming profanities. I'd think most officers would, if they noticed a guy that had had few too many, tell him to take it on home. Maybe they did and it set him off.

Maybe it was parking ticket - it was early! Either way, very minor.

I think you're right though - he probably stumbled around, and when approached, swore at the wrong person. Stick him in a box to cool off, and have done with it.

I don't see any similarities between Shrek and Gazza. In terms of personalities they are light years away from one another. To me there was always something endearing about Gazza: he was a bit of a buffoon, but he was likeable because of his childish humour. He comes across as the sort of bloke you'd like to have a pint with: affable, and up for a laugh.
Whereas Shrek always seemed to be spoiling for a fight on the pitch. Overly aggressive and short tempered. Remember how he used to scream abuse at anyone and everyone when things weren't going too smoothly? Especially ref's? But he was protected by the whole rag mafia then, allowed to do whatever the fuck he wanted with immunity. If truth be told there are probably hundreds and hundreds of stories about Shrek and the things he's done that we'll probably never hear about because they've been covered up, either by the rags or the England set up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.