Rooney Charged 2 game Ban

Gar said:
silvasilvasilva said:
They beat last years double winners in the quarter final of the champions league whilst having the leagues top scorer, the leagues player with the most assists and paul scholes on the bench, Fergie is good but hes not god, i think most managers would get top 4 with that squad

Actually you're probably right, especially since there's really no dominant teams this year. Says a lot that Arsenal's boyband of a team could actually finish second this year. If your lot had a manager that played with the confidence the strength of his team warrants, who knows.
No. As a rag fan, you should be aware it takes time when a manager starts before everything clicks if he's building his team and creating a different style from what came before.

taconinja said:
Gar said:
Actually you're probably right, especially since there's really no dominant teams this year. Says a lot that Arsenal's boyband of a team could actually finish second this year. If your lot had a manager that played with the confidence the strength of his team warrants, who knows.
No. As a rag fan, you should be aware it takes time when a manager starts before everything clicks if he's building his team and creating a different style from what came before.

He just doesn't seem like the type of manager with the attitude that says not only do we deserve to be in the top 4, but we're coming for the whole thing and you can't stop us. Do you think Mancini is that guy?

Gar said:
taconinja said:

He just doesn't seem like the type of manager with the attitude that says not only do we deserve to be in the top 4, but we're coming for the whole thing and you can't stop us. Do you think Mancini is that guy?
I'm a Mourinho guy myself. Doesn't matter. Mancini is out manager, and I say he gets a fair shot as far as I'm concerned.

Gar said:
It's going to be rough when Fergie decides to call it a career but it's going to be all about timing. If he calls it a career and the Glazer reign doesn't show signs of being over, it's probably all down hill from there. On the other hand if he sticks it out and by some miracle, the Glazers sell, Fergie has built up the club enough that they can attract almost any manager they want. I also think the 2007/2008 team with Ronaldo, Tevez, Rio and Vidic in their prime, Carrick while he was still a professional football player, etc...is a team a lot of good managers could have achieved similar success with. This team however, shows how great Fergie really is. I couldn't name many managers that would be able to get a top 4 finish with this squad.

You rags & those of the same ilk give him too much credit. Without Murdoch's Media Empire and the legions of fawning sycophants;devil worhipping football pundits and current managers and coaches, football personnel (former rag players etc.) and red tinted FA officials' assistance and leg up DO you think any 'indecent' manager ( 'Arry?) could have a record like what Fergie has built up in his 'dubious' portfolio?
Case in point pray tell me what will United actual standing be if the FA officials have the fortitude to card or banned miscreants like Rooney, Vidic, Scholes, Neville for their infractions. Or give United's (dubious decisions) and precluding the opponents the rightful decisions.

blueplan said:
Gar said:
It's going to be rough when Fergie decides to call it a career but it's going to be all about timing. If he calls it a career and the Glazer reign doesn't show signs of being over, it's probably all down hill from there. On the other hand if he sticks it out and by some miracle, the Glazers sell, Fergie has built up the club enough that they can attract almost any manager they want. I also think the 2007/2008 team with Ronaldo, Tevez, Rio and Vidic in their prime, Carrick while he was still a professional football player, etc...is a team a lot of good managers could have achieved similar success with. This team however, shows how great Fergie really is. I couldn't name many managers that would be able to get a top 4 finish with this squad.

You rags & those of the same ilk give him too much credit. Without Murdoch's Media Empire and the legions of fawning sycophants;devil worhipping football pundits and current managers and coaches, football personnel (former rag players etc.) and red tinted FA officials' assistance and leg up DO you think any 'indecent' manager ( 'Arry?) could have a record like what Fergie has built up in his 'dubious' portfolio?
Case in point pray tell me what will United actual standing be if the FA officials have the fortitude to card or banned miscreants like Rooney, Vidic, Scholes, Neville for their infractions. Or give United's (dubious decisions) and precluding the opponents the rightful decisions.

So the Rooney suspension and some of the shockers vs Chelsea that have gone against United are just to keep people in the dark? What about the years leading up to United's recent string of titles where they only won one title in about 7 years? (give or take) What I will give you one of United's spells of dominance in the mid 90's came when the Premier League was pretty abysmal. It's no coincidence that as soon as Arsenal started fielding some competition they immediately took over, and it took United some time to adjust.

Punishment & or suspensions will really be effective & meaningful timing wise if they were applied at the right moment and not when its offered as a supplicant.
Let me clarify.
Rooney should have been retrospectively canned for his 'assault' on Mccarthy. His non ban has allowed him to contribute to the rags piling up points (especially at City's expense) for the league title. Now he is banned for the match against Fulham and he will be conveniently rested, for the Wembley's date, for the league & CL title assault. A 'fortuitous' decision by Lord Scudamore & PL powerbrokers to head off interferences by MPs or a dysfunctional FA board?

-- Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:58 am --

mancunial said:
this is what really pisses me off, when the arsenal fans came to eastlands they were singing that obnoxious song outside before the game during the game after the game, still that was not taken into consideration when the Ade witch hunt started, if the arsenal fans had behaved themselves and not thrown their toys out when Ade scored then their would have been no case to answer? whatmore and others who could benefit made sure their was, as the next game was the atkinson derby and for myself they were desperate to get him banned for that game, funny how things turn out 18 months on?

Thats one incident where the red machine media went into hyperdrive & with IMO FA 'acquiescence' . Who knows what Hughes would have achieve if his 'masterplan' with Ade in the lineup at the Derby have not been derailed.
Hughes have to thank his former club for his current status.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.