Root Beer

mancityscot

Anyone know where i can buy this stuff for cheap without going to America for it. A&W, Mug etc. i'm having a look online and its coming up pretty damn expensive to get it shiped over/imported. i dont really want to pay too much of a premium for it. I absolutley love it, and literally shower in the stuff when i'm in the states, but its so difficult to find here as i guess there just isnt the demand for it here. Theres the 'Carters' one in Asda and Sasinsbury's but that stuff is utter shite, not the real american soda.

so any help would be great as i'd love to get some

Sell this in Wetherspoons?

[bigimg]http://www.celebratedrange.co.uk/images/root750.png[/bigimg]

I was about to say Asda do Carters root beer but yeah, it's cack. There was a stall in Burys shopping center that did loads of American pop and sweets but it's gone now. Sorry, that's not much help is it?! ha ha!

A friend of mine is American and Im sure she can get from a chain, don't know which one BUT Im seeing her later and I'll ask.

I'll let you know Tomorrow.

nobby_31

theres a website called American Soda that do all that kind of stuff, they sell it in the chippy near me too. Doesnt root beer taste like Deep Heat????

Misconception that the name suggests its a beer.Far from it,as its a soda drink,as the Americans call it.
Otherwise know as pop to us mere Brits.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:19 pm --<br /><br />
mancityscot said:
Anyone know where i can buy this stuff for cheap without going to America for it. A&W, Mug etc. i'm having a look online and its coming up pretty damn expensive to get it shiped over/imported. i dont really want to pay too much of a premium for it. I absolutley love the stuff, and literally shower in the stuff when i'm in the states, but its so difficult to find here as i guess there just isnt the demand for it here. Theres the 'Carters' stuff in Asda and Sasinsbury's but that stuff is utter shite, not the real american stuff.

so any help would be great as i'd love to get some

Try the Amazon website mate.Gives you a list of Root Beer outlets here in the UK.

Cheers for the replies folks. It's not the sarsaparilla stuff, that's a bit more sweet. Root beer is a bit like fizzy mint.

And cheers nobby_31, that's good of you mate

If they sell flipping mountain dew here they should defo sell root beer. Didn't the used to sell it in McDonalds once upon a time in the UK?

There's an American 'candy' shop in Sheffield somewhere that sells imported american stuff like Vanilla Coke, Cherry Dr Pepper, Original Mountain Dew and other shit that we don't sell in the chains (like they do in Selfriges) And will definitely sell root beer.
Closest one I know of anyway pal.

The website previously mentioned is also good!

mancityscot said:
Cheers for the replies folks. It's not the sarsaparilla stuff, that's a bit more sweet. Root beer is a bit like fizzy mint.

And cheers nobby_31, that's good of you mate

If they sell flipping mountain dew here they should defo sell root beer. Didn't the used to sell it in McDonalds once upon a time in the UK?

They used to sell it in the kfc on ashton moss mate. Free refills too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.