Ross Barkley

Christ, this wasn't so long ago! I know what price a team puts on a player often differs from what they get, but £50m to £15m must be some kind of record....

Everton have placed a £50 million price tag on Ross Barkley as they continue to wait on the midfielder’s future.

Ronald Koeman has said that he wants to know the intentions of Barkley, who is mulling over a contract offer, by the end of the week.

A decision is highly unlikely by then, extending the impasse into potentially volatile territory as Koeman has said the player will be sold if he does not put pen to paper.

In those circumstances, Everton will demand a fee similar to the one they received for John Stones a year ago, despite the fact Barkley has only a year remaining on his current deal.

Hmm it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea and Barkley's agent cooked this up in the summer, seems like a typical Chelsea carve up

We have plenty of competition,including incredible youth prospects,in the 10 role,so thankfully we aren't in the hunt for this kid.I think 15m is a great price though,he could still become an excellent player.

I'm very hot/cold on his abilities. Saying he could improve under Pep really isn't saying much. I think that pretty much everybody would improve by playing for him. He's always been wildly inconsistent. Either he's always involved in play or he's completely anonymous. Consistency is a tough trait to correct and Pep has given up on players in the past that had all the talent in the world, but he couldn't count on them to play at a consistent level (Xherdan Shaqiri is a shining example).

Typical scouse move.

Go somewhere to be paid and not work.

Pep could improve any player, but he only works with players who have the right attitude. I don't know what Barkley's like, but Ronald Koeman seemed to have an issue with him.

I've never understood the hype with him. Yes, he's a decent player. But to read some of the stuff that's been written about him down the years, you'd think he was some sort of Xavi/Zidane/Vieira hybrid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.