Ross Barkley

I've never understood the hype with him. Yes, he's a decent player. But to read some of the stuff that's been written about him down the years, you'd think he was some sort of Xavi/Zidane/Vieira hybrid.
He's big, strong, quick and can shoot, the English holy grail of talent. Never looks up when he has the ball though, which for some reason people overlook, but it's the reason he'll never be any good. No idea where he's even supposed to play

He's big, strong, quick and can shoot, the English holy grail of talent. Never looks up when he has the ball though, which for some reason people overlook, but it's the reason he'll never be any good. No idea where he's even supposed to play

Never a truer word spoken.

He's supposed to play at The Swamp if you ask me.

Thought he was the second coming of Gazza - the maverick who will single handedly guide the country to World Cup victory in 2018 .... or is that Lotfus-Cheek or Jesse ‘apparantly statistically better than KDB’ Lingard or that pair of c**nts from Spurs

I think £15m for Barkley is a very good deal. He's twenty four, has plenty if scope to improve and I do think he'll offer Chelsea more than Bakayoko has been. It's a good deal for Chelsea and Barkley. Everton must be gutted that he didn't go through with the move in August. He's cost them £20m staying four months.

He's stagnated at Chelsea and it's a gamble that he'll kick on again after a move, but at £15m for a homegrown player it's not much of a gamble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.