Roughest grounds you've been too and biggest scraps!

mancityvstoke said:
Everton away. Night game.

Can't remember when but we took loads.

Cops told us we shouldn't have come if we didn't want trouble.

Hundreds of City hiding in a cemetery nearby until it died down.

Everton were evil that night. They were after Donald mainly.

Similar experience at Liverpool away around 1979 - night game - we got thrashed (as usual). Scousers were asking everyone without a red scarf for the time. I tried to put on a scouse accent - but they could tell and we dived into the cemetery to escape.
"Safely" back on the coach and a brick came flying through the window. Helen (the bell) sucked glass out of my hand - strange what people would do back then.

Apart from the rags, English fans are now much more pleasant - the same cannot be said for Italy. I have never seen so much hatred as I did in Naples last season - from women and children as well. I might have understood if they had lost. Dropped off at the port after midnight- no police and had to run from the Ultras and their knives. Crazy.

Blue Til Death said:
Churchill123 said:
Blue Til Death said:
Yep alas she is, I slagged him off away at Southampton for exactly that and was close to a kicking, instant backtracking and pleading for my life was the only thing that saved me..! I will put a good word in for ya if she clocks this but apart from that your on your own im afraid...!!!

Appreciated pal! - I was also at that game.. what a shower of shite it was too, and you weren't alone in slagging joe off for playing absolute shite, me and about 4 other lads around me were too! - Sounds like we were lucky and avoided your misses then..

On the very dangerous subject of Joe, i think this year he's been lazy and looks like he know's he's first pick and he needs to be pushed harder! - We need to sign another good quality keeper to keep joe on his toes

At the risk of death I have to agree, I love Joe to bits and wouldn't swop him but I do feel he has been poor at times this season and that game was a perfect example.. I was spitting fire I was that mad at getting turned over by them, it was the beginning of the end of the league defence. Anyway onwards and upwards, Im sure Joe will be back on top form next season and can see us winning the league, gonna do a couple of CL away games this time so cant wait for the draw

Good man, I want to get at least one CL away in this year too - I'll meet up with you and your misses, and she can keep me safe on those dangerous foreign streets :P

Stoke away 1967/8. We were below the Stoke fans and can remember bottles cascading down on our heads. Luckily I missed all the bottles but some of us must have been hit and suffered serious injury.

Couldn't happen today obviously.

Went on to win the league.

Wimbeldon first game of the season, mid 1980s I think. I was stood towards the back of the away end, near the exit and I could see the road outside. Around half time a big mob of Chelsea turn up and start throwing stuff into the away end. They then managed to get a milk float and started to throw bottles into our end. After the game I remember fighting our way back to the station accross this farmers field. I can still see the dust clouds as fans battled.

Wolves was a dodgey place back in the day, I remember going to the game after Colin Bells comeback against Newcastle. They had segregation in the South stand but allowed everyone to use the same toilets underneath. Plenty of Wolves fans ended up in our end, kicking off with city fans and the police.

CTID1988 said:
billfromthehill said:
Leeds at Maine rd circa 83/84 mental all the way back to town at the bottom of fennel st
All the Leeds buses got smashed to fuck not a window left on any of them ,then the battle with the odd lot city lads gettin twitted by coppers I was crushed against Harry halls shop window till it smashed lucky to be alive can still smell the rubber now ha ha
Then on to the train station for more of the same Micky Francis waltzing around on withy grove with a coppers tit on his head haha shouting we want gold lads lets get some gold couple of jewellers on that st but nowt went down cos we wanted tacchini and fila so we went as usual and rinsed m,c sports those days were tough but as the weeks went by we all started to smarten up haha away days were better cos you don't like to shit on your own step to often do ya.can still picture Mickey in that shit bubble coat no wonder he got nicked red white and blue
Truly order of the day.for an England outing but no city colors

for any one at that time.
P.s fennel st at that time was a road back then as you may be younger than me lol.
Oh SOS mate its gone again ah well shit append bye bye mr o .b.

So, you went breaking into shops nicking clothes?
No bad memory mr dibble ah well

billfromthehill said:
CTID1988 said:
billfromthehill said:
Leeds at Maine rd circa 83/84 mental all the way back to town at the bottom of fennel st
All the Leeds buses got smashed to fuck not a window left on any of them ,then the battle with the odd lot city lads gettin twitted by coppers I was crushed against Harry halls shop window till it smashed lucky to be alive can still smell the rubber now ha ha
Then on to the train station for more of the same Micky Francis waltzing around on withy grove with a coppers tit on his head haha shouting we want gold lads lets get some gold couple of jewellers on that st but nowt went down cos we wanted tacchini and fila so we went as usual and rinsed m,c sports those days were tough but as the weeks went by we all started to smarten up haha away days were better cos you don't like to shit on your own step to often do ya.can still picture Mickey in that shit bubble coat no wonder he got nicked red white and blue
Truly order of the day.for an England outing but no city colors

for any one at that time.
P.s fennel st at that time was a road back then as you may be younger than me
Oh SOS mate its gone again ah well shit append bye bye mr o .b.

So, you went breaking into shops nicking clothes?
No bad memory mr dibble ah well
Some days I eat my own shit that won't stand up in court .

Apart from Millwall and Leeds (which I only saw from a distance) Chelsea in a midweek League Cup game in 1984 or so sticks in the memory. I was living in London and had just met my future missus, so I asked her to come to the game. It was her first football match. Got the best seats in the main stand where I thought we'd be OK. City almost scored and I jumped up, at which a neanderthal, a middle aged bloke not a kid, came over and said "iv u do that again u are fuckin' dead, wiv this', showing us a shiny little knife. Ten minutes from the end with City losing heavily a copper came to tell us "leave now or I can't promise you'll be safe." We left, the missus didn't go to another match for years.

AsaMac said:
mancityvstoke said:

Similar experience at Liverpool away around 1979 - night game - we got thrashed (as usual). Scousers were asking everyone without a red scarf for the time. I tried to put on a scouse accent - but they could tell and we dived into the cemetery to escape.
"Safely" back on the coach and a brick came flying through the window. Helen (the bell) sucked glass out of my hand - strange what people would do back then.

Apart from the rags, English fans are now much more pleasant - the same cannot be said for Italy. I have never seen so much hatred as I did in Naples last season - from women and children as well. I might have understood if they had lost. Dropped off at the port after midnight- no police and had to run from the Ultras and their knives. Crazy.

Thank fuck for you that the glass landed in your hand!<br /><br />-- Thu May 23, 2013 12:41 pm --<br /><br />
bridgeblue said:
Wimbeldon first game of the season, mid 1980s I think. I was stood towards the back of the away end, near the exit and I could see the road outside. Around half time a big mob of Chelsea turn up and start throwing stuff into the away end. They then managed to get a milk float and started to throw bottles into our end. After the game I remember fighting our way back to the station accross this farmers field. I can still see the dust clouds as fans battled.

Wolves was a dodgey place back in the day, I remember going to the game after Colin Bells comeback against Newcastle. They had segregation in the South stand but allowed everyone to use the same toilets underneath. Plenty of Wolves fans ended up in our end, kicking off with city fans and the police.

was that the wolves one where we won 4-0? They didn't take it too well

BringBackSwales said:
AsaMac said:
mancityvstoke said:

Thank fuck for you that the glass landed in your hand!

-- Thu May 23, 2013 12:41 pm --

bridgeblue said:

was that the wolves one where we won 4-0? They didn't take it too well
Think it was a 1-1 draw, the 4-0 was before that with no segregation. Wolves was always rough, even if they won

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.