Roughest / Most unwelcoming cities in the UK

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oman0115, 4 Sep 2019.

1. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

You might even.

2. Busted

3. Pezzer2

Pezzer2

Working away all over the country for nearly 20 years I’ve certainly stayed in some s**tholes. I know they’re not Cities but here’s a few towns.
    A place called Chard near Axminster (proper inbred) we was only there a week and got involved in trouble each night. I happened to watch the Derby match where Owen scored the winner in the 4-3 game in a boozer there full of reds, I got chased out of the pub once they scored the winner.
    Criccieth in North Wales. Was there for a few months and the locals were like something out of league of gentlemen very strange place.
    Skegness and Slough also deserves a mention (funnily enough I’m working in Slough on Sunday)
    I’m staying in Norwich at the moment working on the railway line between there and Lowestoft. Norfolk broads and Norwich are lovely places. Lowestoft seems a bit rough, every bird seems to have tattoos and built like brick s**thouses.

I found some parts of Southampton , Coventry rough but Birmingham takes some beating. We stayed near Star City close to Villa’s ground. What a horrendous place.

4. ctidcarl

ctidcarl

I spent quite a lot of time in Lowestoft a few years ago and I agree with your description of the "women"!!

There was a pub called The Blue Harbour (Or Blue something) so I went in there as Blue attracted me to it........didn't even finish my pint as I felt pretty intimitaded

Factory Arms was decent - but tattooed bulky ladies aplenty, as was The Oxford Arms .........yeah, Lowestoft is mental !!

5. Bilboblue

Bilboblue

Ahhhhhh Shirley High Street, also known as the 'Mutant Mile', it really is a special place.

Get a load of 'imbalanced' people off the Millbrook estate, less than a mile up the road, going up there. My mate has just sold the cafe he ran there, used to get all the addicts coming in every day, trying to sell him stuff they'd nicked from the local Co-op and Tesco stores!

Don't know why @peoffrey is taking criticism of Cardiff and parts of Wales personally, I've had trouble in Cardiff before, while minding my own business, and I've experienced the language change upon going into a pub in Mid and North Wales.

mancityvstoke and dooie68 like this.
  6. Ballymagash Blue

Ballymagash Blue

May not be the roughest, but Holyhead must be one of the most depressing towns in the UK.

7. MadchesterCity

MadchesterCity

Great pub, cheap drink and full of characters

8. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

I ended up in there one night after a night out. Complete free for all, it's the Star Wars cantina on steroids. Went back to a room as I had some luck that evening, i'm fairly sure it might be one of two places in the UK where indoor smoking is permitted. The other is the South Stand bogs. I had a good time in there anyway.

9. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

It is, but Amlwch on Anglesey is like Salem's Lot.

10. shackattack

shackattack

Team supported:
    everton
    shirley is a funny place, used to be predominantly irish but now appears mainly polish and eastern european. southampton itself has an almost stalin russian feel to it.