Rowing Machines

tshirtman

I'm looking at buying a rowing machine for home, unfortunately I don't have time to go to the gym.
problem I have is I live on the 3rd floor of a block of flats, so noise is an issue,
looking at my options, I've got, air resistance or magnetic resistance, air seems better but noisier,

can anyone recommend, either a quiet'ish air machine, or a decent magnetic one.

Skipping rope,chinning bar and pressups.

Job done,save yourself a fortune and much needed space.

You'll soon be wearing that t-shirt with pride!

Concept2 rower. The absolute dog's bollocks, if you're determined to get a rower.

£900, but should you decide to sell it, it'll fetch about £700.

A class piece of equipment to go alongside a weights routine.

I find rowing quite a laborious task, but if done properly can yield very good results.

But, as FI points out, something along these lines - space dependant - would be my preferred option. I suppose it all depends on what you want from your training and maybe it is specifically rowing that you want to do. I seem to recall @SWP's back mentioning in a thread sometime ago, that he used to row quite a bit? Maybe he could help.

10c122b2-a943-4b3f-9b67-d8d86fd18ac6_1.29d55bef1000f04aff0829421ef0db62.jpeg

Concept2 rower. The absolute dog's bollocks, if you're determined to get a rower.

£900, but should you decide to sell it, it'll fetch about £700.

A class piece of equipment to go alongside a weights routine.
I’d go along with this. It’s the best around and what the Olympians down to weekend rowers use. I’ve literally spent months on the fuckers in my younger years.

Good post above.

If you just wanna look and feel decent then that piece of kit is plenty,along with a good diet and a bit of cardio(sprints for example).

I use all types of gym machinery and equipment but using the rowing machine really kills my back - I’ve had a PT with me showing me the correct posture but still it canes my back

check neighbours garages and lofts - you will surely find something there that suits you and probably get it for free. Not a good idea if you want an exercise bike though - most of those have already been re-purposed into a clothes horse

Thanks for the replies, I've used the concept 2 machine in gyms, they are good but unfortunately they are too loud for a flat, I'll have a look on YouTube to see if there's any similar air machines that are quieter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.