Rowing Machines

Thanks for the replies, I've used the concept 2 machine in gyms, they are good but unfortunately they are too loud for a flat, I'll have a look on YouTube to see if there's any similar air machines that are quieter.

I think if you want quiet, you'll need a water-resistance rower. But still, you'll have the rolling noises the seat makes.

Thanks for the replies, I've used the concept 2 machine in gyms, they are good but unfortunately they are too loud for a flat, I'll have a look on YouTube to see if there's any similar air machines that are quieter.

I live in a standard detached house and have a Concept C2 in the loft. No one on the floor below can hear me when I'm using it with the door closed. It sounds loud when you're rowing but the noise doesn't travel at all.

The sliding noise of the seat going back and forth is almost non-existent on mine compared to the ones at my gym as well, I don't know if that's because it's a newer model or just less abused but it just glides silently.

I would be surprised if you caused any disturbance for the people below you. It'd be quieter than a washing machine or dishwasher IMO.

Last edited:
I'm looking at buying a rowing machine for home, unfortunately I don't have time to go to the gym.
problem I have is I live on the 3rd floor of a block of flats, so noise is an issue,
looking at my options, I've got, air resistance or magnetic resistance, air seems better but noisier,

can anyone recommend, either a quiet'ish air machine, or a decent magnetic one.

If you buy a piece of equipment for home it's almost a certainty you'll find it incredibly difficult to get motivated to use it
You say you don't have time to get to the gym. Why?

I live in a standard detached house and have a Concept C2 in the loft. No one on the floor below can hear me when I'm using it with the door closed. It sounds loud when you're rowing but the noise doesn't travel at all.

The sliding noise of the seat going back and forth is almost non-existent on mine compared to the ones at my gym as well, I don't know if that's because it's a newer model or just less abused but it just glides silently.

I would be surprised if you caused any disturbance for the people below you. It'd be quieter than a washing machine or dishwasher IMO.
Thanks for that, it eases my worries of pissing off the neighbours

I mainly work 6 days a week, and I'm on call when off, I'm forever saying I'm going to the gym, but never do because of work.
If you buy a piece of equipment for home it's almost a certainty you'll find it incredibly difficult to get motivated to use it
You say you don't have time to get to the gym. Why?

I mainly work 6 days a week, and I'm on call when off, I'm forever saying I'm going to the gym, but never do because of work.

Are you near a PureGym?

Open 24 hours. Free classes included in your membership.
I only do classes as I get far more out of it as I'm more motivated in a group. I go three times during the week. 6.15 am starts on spin (30 minutes), followed by a 45 minute boot camp, circuits or boxfit
Take your phone with you if you're on call

Simples innit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.