Roy Hodgson 'Feed the monkey'

Aguero_Element said:
What the actual fk, that joke makes no sense........

Mabye he was saying that the defenders need to defend and not fuck around in defense and just give it to the one player who knows how to play football!(townsend)
It is a quality of good leaders to be able to explain and motivate by means of allegorical tales. It does however assume that there is a certain modicum of intelligence amongst the followers.

It was a slip of the tongue by Roy. He doubt he is a racist but in the heat of the moment made a racist comment. There is no way he would have made the same comment about a white player.

The wider issue is, who leaked the story and why? If they were genuinely offended surely it would have made more sense to take it up with Roy directly or speak to the FA? Does anyone else find it strange that Ferdinand has not yet had his say about it on twitter?He is usually the first to wade into to these sorts of issues. Something to hide perhaps?

Maybe Roy just saw a room of players and told his analogy without ever seeing colour, creed or race? So possibly being the epitome of the opposite of a racist. That's my stance and I'm sticking to it and anyone else who saw any possible racist connotations is actually the racist.

Lets not forget he is dealing with talented footballers who have the IQ of an onion, The joke was very apt for the situation and summed it up in a nut shell, just a shame NASA sent up a monkey into space and not a gerbil !! But what would have been more stupid would have been telling the joke and replacing the Monkey with another animal as it would then have meant he knew it was a dodgey one and changed it !! The first thing I said to my old man the night we beat Poland was i wonder how long it would take the press to start publishing scandal stories about anyone connected with the England team (didnt take long did it) And what pisses me off more is it was a Scottish hack who broke the story with a source ?? For all we know that source could be a pile of shite just reported to cause a holy shitstorm and ill feeling in the dressing room for the gutter snipes to feed off.If it is true and a player has squealed there has to be a lot of questions asked of this player, Why he went straight to a sweaty hack with his story and not man the fuck up and tell Woy he was offended by what he had said and sorted it out like adults and moved on, If they find the snitch he should never play for England again, for being a fooking coward !!

What part of using an analogy about monkey's and then referring to black players isn't racist? IT IS RACIST. Of course it is and to say otherwise is frankly stupidity personified.

I absolutely believe that Hodgson didn't intend the comment/joke/anecdote to be racist but it was and it was right and proper that he apologised for any offence caused.

By the way 'political correctness' is a notion invented by the Right Wing press to dilute and minimise the ideals of racial and cultural awareness. If Roy, or any one who considers his comments harmless or inoffensive, took a few seconds to consider and accept the implications of what he said it would then be a non story and we could all move on.

Rant over.

jaigurugoat said:
It was a slip of the tongue by Roy. He doubt he is a racist but in the heat of the moment made a racist comment. There is no way he would have made the same comment about a white player.

The wider issue is, who leaked the story and why? If they were genuinely offended surely it would have made more sense to take it up with Roy directly or speak to the FA? Does anyone else find it strange that Ferdinand has not yet had his say about it on twitter?He is usually the first to wade into to these sorts of issues. Something to hide perhaps?
It was a story about a monkey not a black man. How was he being racist. This is all bollocks.

What's tragic is that certain publications flood the news market with far right fear mongering racism and no one says anything.

Some doddering old goat like Roy Hodgson says 'monkey' and we all think we've found the new Hitler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.