Roy Hodgson

west didsblue

Roy Hodgson gets a lot of stick on here and from a lot of people elsewhere and rarely seems to be given credit when things go well.

Nobody can complain about 10 wins in the qualifiers against albeit mediocre opposition and he managed to win the three friendlies. I know the performance against Portugal was poor but he seemed to take lessons from the three games as a whole and the team selections, performances and substitutions in the last two games have been pretty good. I know he has been criticised for bringing on Milner against Russia who was largely responsible for not stopping the ball in that led to the equalising goal but had they scored a goal without that substitution, he would have been criticised for not being pragmatic in closing down the game to secure the win. In the three friendlies, Sterling provided the assist in most of the England goals which was largely unreported by the media however Roy clearly recognised his contribution and rightly started him in the last two games. He also correctly pulled him and Kane off when they underperformed against Wales. All in all he seems to be performing well and seems to be making his selections and substitutions based on his own judgement rather than being led by the media.

Who else thinks he’s doing a good job?

Edit: I take it all back. He's fucking useless.

Last edited:
200.gif

It also cant go unnoticed that we went 4 competition games without a win. Played for penalties against Italy in 2012, didn't bother turning up for 2014 and lose pretty much every time we come up against a team in the top 10. In all honesty he isnt a bad manager and unbelievably we ended the match with 4 strikers on the field yesterday. The strange thing is we actually have good players in the England team now but its the same old shit being turned out

He was one minute from the boot yesterday and it showed with his reaction to the goal being scored.

I don't want to go into too much detail as to why, so I'll just say that the bloke is a complete tool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.