Royal Mail IPO

As the Royal Mail belongs to us all at the moment, does anyone know when I'll get my share of the money when it passes over to private ownership?

mcfc_ms said:
I have no idea about stocks and shares, but this sounds too good to be true?

Nearly everythng I have read suggests a decent profit, but its all too confusing for me. Got a few grand saved up, so is it really a no risk type of thing? or would I be better staying away from it if I don't know much about it?

Currently on the royal mail gov website about to fill in the application thing, but could do with someone on here giving me an idiots guide to it all.

You should leave this well alone mate. If you have a few grand to 'gamble'. Look at something with less risk than a massively hyped IPO. My advice, you should be putting that money into an ISA, if you have a few of these and have used this years allowance, maybe consider an ETF.

Few on here who work in financial advisory services and can offer more useful advice than me tho.

TGR said:
Mike N said:
As the Royal Mail belongs to us all at the moment, does anyone know when I'll get my share of the money when it passes over to private ownership?

Your cheque is in the post.

Nice one! Thanks for that.

sam the drummer said:
Is it best to sell during conditional or unconditional dealing?

I thought the conditional trading (first 3 days after flotation?) was the time when only the big financial institutions could trade, not the plebs??

Could be wrong though.

Mike N said:
It belongs to the state yes but so does RBS would you like to the letter of notice for your share of the debt along with the NHS and the civil servent pension debt. Im sure your share of Royal Mail that you own will maybe cover 0.000001% of the bill that will be sent

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Mike N said:
It belongs to the state yes but so does RBS would you like to the letter of notice for your share of the debt along with the NHS and the civil servent pension debt. Im sure your share of Royal Mail that you own will maybe cover 0.000001% of the bill that will be sent

Bloody hell! I must have missed those other sell-offs.

Cheers for the advice

Didn't bother in the end. Not because of the risk of losing a bit of the money, but mainly because I have no idea about things like this and didn't want to mess anything up. Also I was going to ask someone at work then missed the midnight deadline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.