Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The speed at which this has happened suggests it’s been in the making a bit longer than we realise.
It was suggested over a year ago on this thread we were looking at him so I think we've definitely been scouting him for a while.

I think a combination of the frustrations of dealing with ADL at Napoli over Koulibaly and also Benfica being knocked out of the champions league and not getting the TV money from it has left the door open to get Dias

If we'd only got it right 7 years ago imagine all the trophies we could have won?

Probably 2 more league titles, a couple of FA cups and Champions Leagues, European super cups, club world cups.

Id go for at least 8 more.

If you just want to sit back and say we've done better than we could have dreamed of since the takeover, and thus the club can't be criticised ever, than that's a really stupid way to act but feel free to enjoy never criticising anything. I doubt the higher ups at the club think about things that way.

As soon as Benfica lost to PAOK I believe we then became interested, the public courting of kounde may very well have been used as pressure to get Benfica to agree to our price.

The more I read and watch about this guy the more excited I become, watching him last night order the back line about, scoring from a corner, the Confident way he holds himself it really reminds me of Kompany. I’m really excited about this guy now and I honestly believe he will prove to be a huge hit with us and will one day be our captain as well as Portugal’s.

Welcome Dias

Think we were holding out on Koulibaly/Kounde waiting to see what happened with Benficas CL chances?

Suspect that they knew roughly what he’d cost were they to not get into the CL group stages. So that became the KK offer upper limit until Benfica’s situation was clear.

I hope he proves me wrong and is class :)

more than happy to say I was wrong but it doesn’t often happen.

welcome Ruben.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.