Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Pep wants someone mobile playing next to Rodri, so if not a Douglas Luiz, maybe from the names we've been linked to, especially Bennacer from Milan, would make a lot of sense. The profile you're mentioning sounds a lot like we should've gone for Thomas Partey instead of Rodri from Atletico, also has a much lower release clause.

I think that's the kind of player we haven't got.

I don't care if we have a Gundogan, Thiago kind of player in the team regularly, provided we also have a player available who can do all the stuff they can't & if necessary, playing alongside.

I tend to view these things a bit more pragmatically (you can read that as happy clapper if you want haha). I totally agree that last summer not getting a CB was a criminal decision. But that's gone now, the question for me was how they rectified that mistake this window. Buying two, including one who is proven in the our league, is a huge step forward for me.

The question of quality (Dias vs Kounde vs Koulibaly) is difficult to judge until Dias starts playing for us, but I'm totally convinced that he's a big big upgrade defensively on Otamendi and Stones.

Agreed that he is an upgrade on Otamendi and Stones (at present form -and there is a question whether Stones will ever regain his true form as well).

For me he does look like he lacks a little bit of pace/mobility/speed on the turn - he is quicker than Ota for sure (not hard) but our high defensive line leaves us so exposed to balls knocked in behind us (over the top or into the channels behind our fullbacks) - Kounde looks like he has pace to burn as well as being great on the ball and he has the best stats for dribbling as well. Even though smaller he also compares very favourably in winning headers from the stats ive seen.

Like you say however Ake is for me a great purchase (thought he played well in his first game vs Wolves the other night) so the club have done really well on that one. Lets hope Dias works as well - he clearly has his strengths but its the above that slightly worries me

I would like Pep to try Bernardo next to Rodri think that would be well balance midfield.
The few times he did try that last season it looked quite impressive, we are so blessed to have a player like Bernardo, don't think people quite realise how rare and tough it is to get a profile of his player who can really play anywhere in the middle or in attack.

Hahaha I’m sorry, but are you thick? It’s a football league I’m talking about, not a nation. As a country, their footballing abilities are fantastic, as a league not so much. I don’t know why that is, but as a league, it’s a fact they’re not as strong as the English PL. Please take your snowflake politics elsewhere. I bet you’re a vegan too.
There you go again, judging people without knowing the facts.

No, you were generalising about all Portuguese players based on some you've seen, which is about as logical as judging all players who have a beard on the basis of what you seen from some other players with beards.

It just makes it look a lot like you're incapable of critical, logical thought and that your brain is driven by a simplistic instinct to form crass generalisations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.