Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I look into the finances the more I feel better about this signing. I won't lie I was all into Kounde hype train because I saw some 5-10 Seville matches and him holding out on his own against proper oppositions made me liked him better than any other target except KK.
Dias we honestly haven't seen much this season esp. against top oppositions. Liga NOS matches are genuinely very poor!
But he is a physical towering presence that we needed. So let's go.
I am more happy that we are getting a RCB than anything else. He won't be a Maldini but a physical 23 year old defender is just what the doctor ordered.
And how the fuck is stones injured again

Agree with you about kompany but you can hardly refer to him as the key leader on the pitch as he missed big chunks of 2 successful seasons with injuries so hardly inspirational on the pitch week in week out. I’m not belittling him in any way.
I do think We have enough quality experience on the pitch to lead, Ferdinando and Kevin instantly spring to mind.
Perhaps a change to 3 at the back as both Dias and Ake are comfortably quicker than any of our other CB'S. Not bad Dias, Laporte and Ake with Walker and Mendy, also Mendy was signed for his attacking power from Monico who played this way.

This does sound like decent business really. It feels kind of unexciting but we must have seen enough of him to think he can do the job and it's also £14m for otamendi that we clearly weren't going to get from anyone else. Makes the outlay for Dias and Ake less than what Napoli want for Koulibaly. Hopefully that leaves some cash available to strengthen elsewhere too.

I always feel like the reason our CDMs were constantly exposed last year was becuase our defence was in absolute tatters, there was no strength there & everyone had to do doube duty making up for it.
I'd love to see Rodri this eyar with a consistant & strong defense, I bet there'd be a marked improvement.

Fernie was fernie because he didn't have to worry about also being a CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.