Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its embarrassing that people think Kante would work in this side.

This is a guy who, quite apart from having lost his physical edge since injuries took a toll, was never, ever technically good enough to play in this side.

It is insulting to fernandinho that people think Kante could ever do what he was doing from 2016-19. How Manchester City fans could watch him for all these years and not see he is on a different planet to Kante technically and in possession, and how important that is to the job he does, astounds me.

We have the ball 80% of the time. A player who looks technically out of his depth at Chelsea is never going to play under Pep Guardiola.
Thanks for the reply. I don't remember comparing Kante to Fernandinho in my post. Trust me I very much understand the role Fernandinho has played over the years and how important he is/has been in Guardiola's City team. The fact is that he can't do what he did 2 years ago anymore, and we need a mobile central midfielder who has a range of passing, pace and can read danger.

Some of these qualities Kante certainly has. You're right his range of passing isn't the same level as Fernandinho, but my point is if we had a midfielder who could get about and break up play then that would help the team a lot.

Apologies for clogging up this thread with midfielder talk.

Has he officially signed yet? Does anyone know why it's not on the website yet?

Can anyone share his flight path?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.