Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has really pissed me off and I can't really tell why because I've not watched enough of Benfica or portugal to have an opinion on Dias.

I think the main reason is because hes nothing like Kounde or Koulibaly. Hes not quick, he doesn't play in a high line, he hasnt stood out on the big stage like the other 2.

I think we are getting him because we finally found someone who would take Otamendi in a deal and thats a shit way to do business.

Oh well.
Exactly my thoughts, I was extremely high on Kounde and would have been really happy with Koulibaly but I don’t see this. I hope he proves me wrong but he’s not better than John Stones (at his best).

This has really pissed me off and I can't really tell why because I've not watched enough of Benfica or portugal to have an opinion on Dias.

I think the main reason is because hes nothing like Kounde or Koulibaly. Hes not quick, he doesn't play in a high line, he hasnt stood out on the big stage like the other 2.

I think we are getting him because we finally found someone who would take Otamendi in a deal and thats a shit way to do business.

Oh well.
I just can't believe that we would operate in such a reckless fashion, as baffled as I am by this turn of events.

He's a different profile for sure. Maybe Pep has decided to go for the double pivot this season and so pace isn't as important a factor? Defence to drop 10 yards deeper? Saving cash for another signing?

Can’t help but think that this is a panic buy. Not sure how he’ll fit into our high line, he’s slow from what I’ve seen of him.

Kounde is the real deal and after being linked to him it’s disappointing to be missing out. He’ll be snapped up by Madrid in the next two years and turn out to be a star.

Be annoying if we’re settling for lesser targets over £10-15M when we spend that on crap players for the sister clubs each season. Don’t know enough about Dias but Kounde looked the real deal.

Don't know what to make of it. On the positive side, he's the perfect age of 23 in terms of experience and longevity. He is a leader, already knows our goalkeeper well from their days at Benfica, good passer of the ball and if we get him for a total value of 55m as per Romano, a good deal.

Can’t help but think that this is a panic buy. Not sure how he’ll fit into our high line, he’s slow from what I’ve seen of him.

Kounde is the real deal and after being linked to him it’s disappointing to be missing out. He’ll be snapped up by Madrid in the next two years and turn out to be a star.
maybe Kounde was never really on? For all we know Madrid already have him boxed off and he had no intention of leaving Sevilla this summer. Monchi's public statement was very suspect.

We all thought we were calling Napoli's bluff. What if we were actually calling Benfica's?

I hope nobody watches highlights of Benfica over the last 6 months. He makes Mangala look like Messi. Well, if this is true then let's hope this is a blip in form but my god, what a blip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.