Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benfica fan from the forum translated, says hes their most important player must be good then.

"And to see Benfica fans satisfied with the possible departure of Rúben ... get me out of this film.

We go from bad to worse.

He is the most important player in the squad."

That also implies that a lot of Benfica fans are 'satisfied' with him leaving... great!

I'm going to simply be a reasonably sensible adult about this (if it's true) and see the bright side which is a year ago we'd all have been chuffed to bits to land Dias. He had a down year but he'll be plugged into a squad which should give him more support than Benfica. He's well sized and strong. At least we're getting someone and I think he'll prove many wrong.

Wolves are seem to be doing well and half their team has come from the Portuguese league
Fair point, but we have not been as astute in terms of the players we have bought from there. Our best Portuguese player was signed from Monaco.
These sort of stories fare driven by the policy of City of just not talking to the press. I understand that, just look at the lies told after CAS, but it generates huge speculation, fans falling out about what is or isn’t a good deal etc. On this rumour, surely after Mangala, Garcia, Fernando, etc. we must be wary with Portuguese league players, it is a technical league utterly different to the PL.

I've been doing some thinking about this. All these CBs. Koulibaly, Carlos, Koundé, Dias, Giménez. I reckon they are all smokescreens for the true prize..

PleasantFriendlyFossa-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.