Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was meant to be a joke, but sarcasm doesn't always come across well in text.

also, I never said I wasn't a little disappointed. But clearly there are plenty who aren't arsed.
Well it certainly didn't come across as a joke.
I just can't believe that we would operate in such a reckless fashion, as baffled as I am by this turn of events.

He's a different profile for sure. Maybe Pep has decided to go for the double pivot this season and so pace isn't as important a factor? Defence to drop 10 yards deeper? Saving cash for another signing?

This is another one. No way it seemed like you were okay with the signing but now you have suddenly changed your mind. Interesting.

We were probably negotiating across a few players at the same time in order to scope out the best deal.

Ultimately we've decided Dias is the best option and walked away from the others.

Who knows which player was 1st choice.

How does anyone know who is first second third choice anyway . I said 3 weeks ago that I doubted we have even bid for kk and when we do sign a defender it will be someone that we didn’t even think about . How do you know that ruban Dias was not the target all along . Hope we get Dias because the guy is quality .

Twitter reports that broke the Dias story? Those twitter reports? We know Koulibaly and Kounde were targets because both clubs have spoken about our offers. So that’s third choice straight away. Carlos was definitely on the radar. The only one I’m unsure about was the links to Giminez this window as they really didn’t last long. But Dias is clearly 4th choice at best, maybe 5th. That’s quite clear to be honest.

who says we are signing him ???

people need to Stop wetting the bed over these Twitter rumours ?

Might not have officially bid for them but we were trying to get them.

And did the club tell you this or have you been watching to much of them fools on Sky Sports transfer talk ??

Nobody bar City officials know who the main target is or who we are bidding for. Let’s just wait and see who comes in and give them the backing they need to start their new career here.

Thats not Dias fault. thats going in anyway dont understand sharing these clips on twitter.

Well it certainly didn't come across as a joke.

This is another one. No way it seemed like you were okay with the signing but now you have suddenly changed your mind. Interesting.
Mate, read the post I quoted. When I said that I couldn't believe we would act in such a reckless fashion, I was responding to domalino's theory that it seemed like we were only signing him to get rid of otamendi. I then argued the reasons why we might want to sign Dias! I was baffled by it because he hadn't been mentioned all summer. This news came as a surprise to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.