Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but you watch him every week and are a fan of Benfica, we have trusted posters on this forum who have watched up to three minutes of his mistakes on Youtube from his whole football career ;)

I watch Benfica and City every week. Really think he's a good fit. Disappointed we are going to sell him before the Euro championship. He's been immense with the national team which ended up attracting more attention. I'd be happy if at least he goes to City (my 2nd club). He's in the top 5 out of all the good players we sold over the last decade. Felix, Ederson, Bernardo, Dias and Di Maria.

To the detriment of us not having a right sided CB in before the start of the season? You think we chased KK for months as a wind up? Wow, you’ve lost the plot. We are a serious club.

I don’t know why fans have a hard time admitting we’re signing someone that wasn't the first choice. There’s no shame in it, it’s a common thing.
You may well be right, KK may well have been first choice, and probably was (I say probably because we don’t know for sure) but not at the price being quoted. So maybe £80m just wasn’t viable for a 29 year old, my personal belief is that KK isn’t worth that. Re Kounde I’d struggle to know, I honestly haven’t seen enough of him, but I am guessing he is felt a bit unproven, which is his downside, and maybe lacking inches, something I know a little about. So I am not sure it’s about first choice, second choice etc, it’s about other factors like value for money, longevity, experience. I would be delighted to get Diaz, based on the few times I have seen him. In response to your main point I don’t have a problem accepting KK was PROBABLY our first choice, but not at the price being quoted. I am pleased we walked away, and hope we can get Diaz for less fish, with more years left on the click, and with no ADM. Sorry to waffle, I’ve taken alcohol since the earlier posts

Edit in terms of how the club works, seriously, it isn’t inconceivable that we are briefing about Diaz to put pressure on Sevilla about Kounde

Last edited:
Article on goal by Smith claims that he is top of the list of alternatives for Koulibaly, which means higher than Kounde and Gimenez (mentioned by him). Unlike the pundits on here claiming him to be our 4th choice.

Yep, because we are really going to sign him and say he was 4th choice. We clearly wanted Kounde.

FWIW I’ve hardly ever seen this lad play live but from what clips I’ve seen the lack of pace that we’d have with him & Laporte with Rodri in front would be a concern despite how good they are on the ball.

55m euro, plus 15m add ons, plus Otamendi that's more than we were being quoted for Koulibaly and Kounde I think. 80m euro in total, a big gamble this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.