Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out in the middle of nowhere camping last night when I posted this, hence why it was brief! Ha. Bit more info as I didn't really elaborate. Basically, I don't pretend to be an ITK as many on here will know, but I do hear some very reliable stuff occasionally so I share it in good faith :)

Someone I trust implicitly passed this on to me last night. Coincidentally, that was the second person who hold told me it was done. I met someone 'in the game' at an academy match once a while back who I keep in touch with who has fed me stuff about other transfer before that's been 100% accurate, so I have no reason not to believe them. The former person who told me said it was so far advanced that an announcement might have even happened last night. From a personal perspective given my video stuff I was like 'ffs! The timing' ha.

Guess it didn't, thankfully on a personal note, but I have no reason to doubt anything has changed. Not heard any updates today, and I have seen the contrasting reports, but I still trust the people who told me. I do know Otamendi is all ready to go too btw. Club ready to announce that etc. I can only presume its just a matter of time now. If it doesn't happen, don't shoot the messenger. Things can change in a heartbeat of course, but I've been told it is literally done by two people now. Only passing this on in good faith once again!

cheers bud -I thought you may have lost a bit of your inside info know David has moved onto pastures new

What do you make of Dias - not seen much of him but im not completely sold on him.

When your source says done does that mean he is our top target or is it done int he sense that if we dont get others we will then press the button and get him - just thinking how fast transfers can change at times.

I guess i've come around. Would prefer koulibaly or Kounde but I think he can surprise

Seems to be very strong and tall with good passing and a great commander, would probably complement laporte well.

I would love Telles because I think that would make our defense REALLY good.
what's made you come around, you were pretty negative about the news, i appreciate football is about emotions, but this transfer couldn't of receive such a reaction if we had signed Phil jones

Was out in the middle of nowhere camping last night when I posted this, hence why it was brief! Ha. Bit more info as I didn't really elaborate. Basically, I don't pretend to be an ITK as many on here will know, but I do hear some very reliable stuff occasionally so I share it in good faith :)

Someone I trust implicitly passed this on to me last night. Coincidentally, that was the second person who hold told me it was done. I met someone 'in the game' at an academy match once a while back who I keep in touch with who has fed me stuff about other transfer before that's been really accurate, so I have no reason not to believe them. The former person who told me said it was so far advanced that an announcement might have even happened last night. From a personal perspective given my video stuff I was like 'ffs! The timing' ha.

Guess it didn't, thankfully on a personal note, but I have no reason to doubt anything has changed. Not heard any updates today, and I have seen the contrasting reports, but I still trust the people who told me. I do know Otamendi is all ready to go too btw. Club ready to announce that etc. I can only presume its just a matter of time now. If it doesn't happen, don't shoot the messenger. Things can change in a heartbeat of course, but I've been told it is literally done by two people now. Only passing this on in good faith once again!
Fair play Steven.

To people saying this is a panic buy or our 4th/5th choice, WE HAVE BEEN AFTER DIAS FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS!!

Earlier in the transfer window Benfica insisted he wasn’t for sale and he had a £90m release clause. THAT IS WHY IT WENT QUITE ON HIM!!

Last week Benfica was knocked out of the Champions League Which has obviously now had an effect on their finances, meaning they are now willing to negotiate below the RC.

That is the reason it’s happened so late in the window, not because we are “panicking” or settling for 4th choice!!

Ruben Dias is an outstanding player and exactly what we are looking for.

This maybe the reason, we maybe closing this deal.... Otamendi sold for 20m euros in the books

€20m straight into the books for Nico Otamendi would be a big, big reason why they eventually went for Dias if it happens.
Not sure that would be tax effective, although it might benefit FFP, depending on circumstances.

really ?- i see nothing there that reminds me of Kompany at all - looks ok but nothing at that level

Similar height, build, leader, aggresive, defender first, confronts attackers immediately like Vinnie, decent ball playing, aerially both very good, similar pace. He's very Kompany esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.