Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
One long ball over the top and all of them are bypassed except Walker.

Not looking forward to Anfield with that total lack of pace.
That’s for the manager to adapt! I’ve always found we’d never dare sit a bit deeper because we’ve not had the defenders to cope with that, but with Dias and Laporte we should have - let them come onto us and hit them on the break instead. You can’t pick one game in a 38 game season to question a signing.

He pretty much hit the ground running maybe it took him a few games to settle in but i remember him being a beast in that title winning season he was the reason yaya could get forward so much and score all those goals.

Fernandinho was a one man midfield in that season.

What about Douglas Luiz as a Dinho replacement? Wouldn’t be expensive because of the buyback

Tbh, I haven't studied him enough to give a decent opinion, but again, he's not Fern aerially, we can see that.

My own preference for the job would be a player like if Rodri for example was fast & had a better engine. Just to have one such midfield player in the squad.

Tbh, I haven't studied him enough to give a decent opinion, but again, he's not Fern aerially, we can see that.

My own preference for the job would be a player like if Rodri for example was fast & had a better engine. Just to have one such midfield player in the squad.
Someone like Denis Zakaria

Maybe Pep wants someone mobile playing next to Rodri, so if not a Douglas Luiz, maybe from the names we've been linked to, especially Bennacer from Milan, would make a lot of sense. The profile you're mentioning sounds a lot like we should've gone for Thomas Partey instead of Rodri from Atletico, also has a much lower release clause.

Pace isn't everything.. Some of the worlds best defenders are good because of two things.

1. Positional sense
2. Reading the game.

Yes having pace is an advantage as its gives you a safety net if your caught out. But sometimes quick players get lazy as they rely on such pace to help them.
I feel like Walker does this sometimes, he appears to stand off his man and give him more space because he’s quick and normally it works but when you lose that pace then it can cause issues

Does Fernandinho have a son? How long before he can give it a go

Maybe Pep wants someone mobile playing next to Rodri, so if not a Douglas Luiz, maybe from the names we've been linked to, especially Bennacer from Milan, would make a lot of sense. The profile you're mentioning sounds a lot like we should've gone for Thomas Partey instead of Rodri from Atletico, also has a much lower release clause.
I would like Pep to try Bernardo next to Rodri think that would be well balance midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.