Rugby League thread

Sad news about Stevie Ward.

Concussion from a year ago still giving him son many problems that that he’s had to retire.

Sad news about Stevie Ward.

Concussion from a year ago still giving him son many problems that that he’s had to retire.
Stevie was interviewed on the regional news last night and seemed to be ah doing it well. I had seemed him a couple of times round Headingley when we he was recuperating from other injuries and he seemed a bit down (as one might expect.

I think Stevie is a big loss to the Rhinos and probably England too. At his best he was a similar player to Sinfield (except for the kicking) but with more power and athleticism.

Stevie was interviewed on the regional news last night and seemed to be ah doing it well. I had seemed him a couple of times round Headingley when we he was recuperating from other injuries and he seemed a bit down (as one might expect.

I think Stevie is a big loss to the Rhinos and probably England too. At his best he was a similar player to Sinfield (except for the kicking) but with more power and athleticism.
Three backrowers came through at the same time and they all looked like they were good enough to reach the pinnacle; Bateman, Ward and Currie.

I thought they’d be England’s back row for a decade. But injuries have plagued two of their careers. Currie’s were his knees, Ward’s were just one-after-the-other. I read an article about his mental health taking a huge hit (one thing I’ve mentioned in the past about John Stones) a few years ago.

Three backrowers came through at the same time and they all looked like they were good enough to reach the pinnacle; Bateman, Ward and Currie.

I thought they’d be England’s back row for a decade. But injuries have plagued two of their careers. Currie’s were his knees, Ward’s were just one-after-the-other. I read an article about his mental health taking a huge hit (one thing I’ve mentioned in the past about John Stones) a few years ago.
Yes, Stevie does this Mantality magazine IIRC to promote men’s mental health awareness. It might be a podcast now, I’m not sure.

The injuries are very cruel to some great talents.

Just a quick bump to remind anyone that's interested, the State of Origin series starts tomorrow. I think it's on about 10:00am on Sky

Big win for NSW but means nothing if they don’t go on to win the series. QLD always find another gear.
50 - 6 is a hell of a statement away from home, but you're right about them having to go on and win the series.

I picked them as my team years ago just because they play in light blue, but I have been pleased that there is more to my attachment than just shirt colour. They have also been the cock-up kings in times gone past, a priceless quality for City fans of a certain vintage

50 - 6 is a hell of a statement away from home, but you're right about them having to go on and win the series.

I picked them as my team years ago just because they play in light blue, but I have been pleased that there is more to my attachment than just shirt colour. They have also been the cock-up kings in times gone past, a priceless quality for City fans of a certain vintage
Cameron Smith is calling for changes to the Queensland line up after they kicked several players carrying injuries in the first game. NSW have to put the series to bed in the 2nd game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.